PeaceHealth Medical Group is seeking an exceptional Neurologist with training/expertise in Neuroimmunology (MS) or Neuromuscular Medicine for the St. John Medical Center located in Longview, Washington. Providers in our community give compassionate care to a challenging, diverse patient population of all ages. You’ll have the opportunity to make a difference in an underserved community and impact growth and development of the Neurology services.
- Join an established team of two existing Neurologists including Dr. Lawrence Neville who is the Network Vice President of Physician Services and Medical Director for St. John Medical Center
- 3 provider model with fully staffed
- 4 days per week plus call. Call is 1:2 – mostly by phone
- 12-14 patient per day
- 90% outpatient, 10% inpatient, on-call consultations
- Robust internal referral system plus community referral base
- Candidates with experience in EMG/NCS, Botox Injections, and EEG readings highly desired
Why you’ll love Longview:
- Providers are deeply integrated into the community and a have a strong desire to care for their neighbors.
- In 2012, Forbes listed Longview as one of the prettiest towns in America not only because of its proximity to the Columbia River and Mount St. Helens, but due to their beautiful local parks.
- Longview and the neighboring community of Kelso have a combined population over 57k, which allows you to skip the trip to the larger cities for your shopping and dining needs. The area has many locally owned specialty restaurants and shops plus national chains such as Macy’s, JCPenney’s, Target, Home Depot and a variety of grocery shopping options.
- Longview has affordable, new housing well below the increasing prices of the nearby metros.
- Longview is the headquarters for the Cowlitz Indian Tribe which lends its name to the county.
- Outdoor lovers will enjoy quick access to the Pacific Ocean, Mount St. Helens, as well the never-ending outdoor recreation options in the Pacific Northwest.
- Longview was founded near the Columbia River which supports the thriving lumber and marine industries that still exist there today.
- Longview is situated 45 miles north of the Portland metro area and 120 miles south of Seattle.
- Washington State has no income tax.
- PeaceHealth St. John Medical Center is a 346-bed hospital with Level III trauma center
- 24/7 Hospitalist team provides hospital care and call coverage along with a nurse phone- triage team.
- Recognized with a Beacon Award for critical care outcomes
- Over 250 active medical providers with most specialty services provided locally to more than 180,000 patients per year
- The service area for this community is over 100k.
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Generous time off and sick leave
- CME reimbursement
- Relocation assistance
- Competitive retirement plan options
- Fully paid malpractice insurance
- Educational Loan Reimbursement for those who qualify
For more information about our careers in Washington, contact:
Seth, Provider Recruiter
For all other PeaceHealth Careers, visit us at jobs.peacehealth.org
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Washington, is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and ten medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship. This is The Spirit of Health—The Spirit of PeaceHealth.
PeaceHealth is an EEO Affirmative Action Race/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Veteran/Disability Employer.