| PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT/NURSE PRACTITIONER |
Critical Care * Full Time
St. Catherine of Siena Medical Center, affiliated with Catholic Health Services of Long Island, is located in Smithtown, NY on a beautiful 110 acre campus that includes a 318 bed community hospital, a 240 bed nursing and rehabilitation facility, a 2g8-unit senior housing facility, and a 60,000 sq ft medical office bUilding.
Working under the direction of a Physician, the NYS Licensed PA or NP we seek will prioritize complex situations, and provide a broad spectrum of critical care services.
• Making sound decisions based on critical analysis of patients situation
• Prioritizing complex situations in a timely manner.
• Examining patients
• Communicating clearly and effectively with patients, families, staff members and other hospital departments
• Managing ventilator settings, writing routine notes and orders, entering all data into the electronic medical record
• Running RRT/CE resuscitations
• Supporting the Critical Care Physician with all aspects of patient care on the units
• Ordering diagnostic tests and laboratory studies ,
• Maintaining accurate and complete patient records
• Handling other related duties as assigned
To qualify, you must have a current and valid NYS PA or NP license, be BLS and ACLS Certified, and be a Graduate of an Accredited & recognized N.Y.S. Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner Training Program. At least 1 year of critical care (ICU/SICU/CCU) experience that includes performing invasive procedures such as, but not limited to Thoracentesis, Chest Tube Thoracotomy, Ultrasound guided placement of vascular ,access devices, endotracheal intubation, Arterial blood gases, nasogastric tube placement, insertion of foley q:stheters, and suturing ofminor wounds will all be expected. Knowledge of all medical equipment available in a Surgiical Department is essential, as is superior oral/written communication skills.
We offer competitive compensation along with a dynamic work atmosphere. For immediate consideration, please apply online at: https://jobs.chsli.org/job/smithtown/critical-care-pa-np/247/3389906
St. Catherine of Siena Medical Center
A Member of the Catholic Health Services of Long Island