Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic
Lincoln Avenue Medical-Dental Center
4556Public Health Nurse Community Health Services
Yakima, WAYVFWC is a NURSE Corps Loan Repayment Program eligible site.Are you a new RN grad or experienced professional looking to make a positive difference in the community as a Public Health Nurse? Do you want to use your skills to provide direct, one-on-one care to underserved and at-risk patients? Do you want to help guide expectant mothers toward positive life changes to improve their health and ensure a healthier pregnancy and baby? Are you interested in working with clients in their environment through home visits? Are you looking for competitive pay and better work-life balance? If you answered Yes to these questions, then we have a great opportunity for you!What we're looking for:
What you'll do:
- A compassionate, caring person who understands social determinants of health and has the desire to work with maternal and pediatric clients throughout the pregnancy and maternity cycle.
- An RN who's passionate about community health and working with underserved populations.
- A clear communicator who is able to build strong relationships with clients and clinic staff.
What we offer:
- Work in collaboration with a care team including physicians, nurses, social workers, and dietitians to assess risk level and develop a care plan with the goal of promoting healthy birth outcomes for First Steps program clients.
- Work with clients to schedule home visits to carry out health coaching and interventions, and encouraging clients' active participation in their care plan.
- Perform assessment of newborns during home visits, and provide interventions and health education for prenatal, postpartum, and newborn care.
- Provide education and care where the client learns best, whether in their home or in the clinic; document the care provided and collaborate with the care team during case reviews.
- Build relationships and trust with clients and see the results of the direct positive impact you've made in their lives.
What do you need?
- Competitive pay
- Hiring bonus
- Relocation assistance
- Flexible schedule
- No night shifts, no on-call rotations
- Differential pay for candidates who score a 10 or higher on Spanish language ALTA scale (bilingual English/Spanish skills are helpful but not required).
- Excellent benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine, profit sharing, 403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off 19 days per year for full time positions), paid holidays, Continuing Education, and more.
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Nursing.
- RN license for the state of practice, or ability to obtain license before starting work.
- Driver's license and proof of automobile liability insurance coverage.
Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic serves more than 140,000 people across 19 medical clinics, 10 dental clinics, and 57 programs in Washington State and Oregon. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC's patient-centered model of care offers patients the full-spectrum of care. Recognizing social determinates of health, we also have community programs that offer assistance with employment and training, afterschool education, rental and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.The Pacific Northwest
Working at Farm Workers Clinic means living in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. You will have the opportunity enjoy spectacular wilderness areas, scenic ocean beaches and crystal-clear lakes and rivers. Because of the Cascade mountain range, the Northwest has two distinct climates: The west side is lush and green. Eastern Washington and Oregon, shielded from the rain-filled clouds by the high mountains, tend to be sunny and arid.
The two climates enable farms and orchards to produce a bounty of different fruits, berries, and vegetables. And with 22 appellations, Washington and Oregon are also celebrated for their world-class wines.Working at YVFWC
Working at Farm Workers Clinic means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic:
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.
- We will consistently TRUST one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster INTEGRITY by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate TRANSPARENCY by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create PARTNERSHIPS to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for JUST TREATMENT for all individuals.
- We will let JOY in.
- We have the COURAGE to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.