Providence is calling a Registered Nurse Case Manager to Providence Home Services - Hospice in Anchorage, AK.
The RN Hospice Case Manager will be accountable for direct and indirect quality care for patients and families of all ages, according to the individualized needs of the patient, following the nursing process and in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act.
In this position you will:
- Manage a nursing caseload that includes patients requiring a broad spectrum of care, who reside in a variety of environments, and in a wide geographical area, by practicing good organizational and time management skills.
- Initiate the admission and plan of care. Confer with physicians and other hospice team members to develop the interdisciplinary Hospice plan of care.
- Continuously evaluate the patient and family's psychosocial, spiritual, and physical needs, including the need for respite care. Initiate necessary referrals in a timely manner.
- Teach, supervise, and counsel the patient and caregivers regarding patient care in accordance with the patient and family's wishes including cultural and religious practices, emotional barriers, desire and motivation to learn, physical and/or cognitive limitations, communication styles, and language barriers.
- Maintain patient clinical, progress, and itinerary records to meet JCAHO and Federal regulations.
- Direct the care given by the Home Health Aides, respite aides and volunteers by providing verbal and written instruction.
- Inform the physician, members of the hospice team and other parties as indicated of change in the patient's condition and needs.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
- Alaska State RN License.
- Reliable transportation with a valid Alaska driver's license and automobile insurance according to Alaska State Motor Vehicle laws.
- Knowledge of end of life (EOL) care.
- Pharmacology, Phlebotomy, and IV skills.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Experience in Oncology, Hospice, Long Term Care or Homecare.
- Knowledge of infusion therapy.
About Providence Home Health
Providence Home Health is proud to be the oldest and largest home health in the state. We've built a reputation for high quality care and positive relationships with both our clients and their doctors. At Providence, it's our people who make the difference. In addition to our staff's knowledge, experience and professionalism, it's perhaps our friendly, caring manner you'll appreciate most. We love working with people – and it shows in the quality of care and attention you'll receive.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Nursing - Other
Req ID: 141978