Providence is calling a Social Services Clinician (MSW) to the Case Management at the Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, AK.
The Social Services Clinician provides services to patients and their families to meet their medically related social and emotional needs as they impinge on their medical condition, treatment, recovery, and safe transition from one care environment to another. The Social Services Clinician works under the direction of the Director of Case Management and Social Services and Social Services Manager of Case Management and Social Services in accordance with standards established by the Social Work profession (NASW Codes of Ethics/ NASW Standards for Clinical Practice/ NASW Standards for Social Work Practice in Health Care Settings) and Providence Alaska Medical Center.
This posting is not a specific job vacancy. This posting serves to establish interested candidates for current or future opportunities for Social Services Clinician positions at various locations and various shifts at Providence Alaska Medical Center.
In this position you will:
- Evaluate patients and their related support systems with a complete psychosocial assessment.
- Establish a therapeutic relationship and treatment goals with the patient or their surrogates.
- Provide a provisional diagnosis based on DSM criteria that is inclusive of any mental, emotional, behavioral, addictive, developmental disorders and disabilities, psychosocial aspects of illness injury disability and impairment within a psychosocial framework.
- Administer and interpret applicable measurements/tests (MSE, Edinburgh Depression Scale,) for the diagnosis.
- Incorporate a plan or intervention that will address mental, social, emotional, behavioral developmental/age, addictive disorders, conditions and disabilities, and/or the psychosocial aspects of illness and injury as experienced by the patient and their family.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge and develops expertise in the assessment and treatment of substance abuse, mental capacity and incapacity, mental illness, adult protection, child protection, domestic violence, sexual and physical assault, psychosocial crisis, bereavement, and mental illness.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Master's degree as a Social Worker from an accredited School of Social Work
- The Social Services Clinician must possess current knowledge of the biopsychosocial aspects of illness, disability and death and be able to apply this knowledge in a professional and understanding manner in direct social work services to patients and their families and in collaboration with all health care professional staff
- Social Services Clinicians must have the ability to communicate well and interact with multiple health care professionals, including medical and allied staff
- Organizational and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to work independently as a team member
- Ability to work weekends and / or variable shifts to meet medical center and department needs
- Availability to regularly be scheduled for on-call rotation with the other members of the Case Management and Social Services team according to departmental and hospital policies regarding on-call procedures
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Licensed Master of Social Work (LMSW) or Temporary LMSW.
- Alaska License in Clinical Social Work (LCSW) within four (4) years of hire.
- Two (2) or more years of acute care Medical Social Work experience.
- Knowledge of the Alaska community resources.
- Experience with computerized documentation and medical records.
- Proficiency in computerized documentation.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Mental/Behavioral Health
Req ID: 149578