Providence is calling a Physical Therapist ( Per Diem / Day Shift ) to Providence Holy Cross Medical Center in Mission Hills, CA.
In this position you will:
- Plan and implement specific treatment programs for individual patients according to the principles and practices of physical therapy.
- Demonstrate proficiency in delivering care to assigned age specific patient population (e.g., infants, adolescents, adults, geriatrics, and pediatrics), and participates in related continuing education.
- Function as an interdisciplinary team member.
- Provide assistance to co workers, patients, and visitors as needed *.*
This opening is for a per-diem position in a busy, 377 bed inpatient hospital that is also a Level II Trauma Center. The need is for the inpatient adult areas, with a weekend focus. Applicants would be required to work 2 weekend days a month as a minimum, but can work more than that if desired/ shifts are available (including weekends and weekdays). Patient populations include but are not limited to: orthopedic, neurological, trauma, medical/ surgical, cardiac/ telemetry, pulmonary and oncology.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's of Science Degree in Physical Therapy
- Current License/registration by the Physical Therapy Board of California/Department of Consumer Affairs
- Current California Driver License (for designated PHC employees that have driving responsibilities.)
- Current BLS-HCP – Basic Life Support - for Healthcare Providers - American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross (ARC) - CPR/AED for Professional Rescuer accepted on hire until card expiration date.
- For NICU: CCS paneled
- 0-3 years experience as a Physical Therapist; past work experience in Physical Disabilities Setting
- Experience in working with adolescents, adults, and geriatrics
- For NICU: at least one year of clinical experience in any setting providing physical therapy to infants, children or adolescents or experience in an acute care hospital providing physical therapy directly to infants, children or adolescents who have a CCS eligible medical condition.
- Knowledge of clinical interventions/equipment necessary to meet needs of patient serviced
- Good clinical skills
- Good communication skills
- Must be able to drive vehicle/hospital van (for designated PHC employees that have driving responsibilities).
About the hospital you will serve.
Nationally recognized for clinical excellence and trauma care, Providence Holy Cross Medical Center is a 377-bed, level II trauma center in Mission Hills, California. We are the only Magnet®Designated Hospital in the San Fernando Valley. Providence Holy Cross also has been recognized this year by the Los Angeles Business Journal as one of the best places to work in Los Angeles. As our reputation for excellence grows, so does our facility. We have recently expanded our medical center with the addition of a new 138-bed patient care wing. This expansion has made Providence Holy Cross Medical Center one of the largest hospitals serving the San Fernando and Santa Clarita valleys.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Physical Therapy
Location: California-Mission Hills
Req ID: 149427