Providence Crisis Stabilization Unit is calling a Part Time, Variable Shift Licensed Vocational Nurse to Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center San Pedro in San Pedro, CA.
In this position you will:
- Implement delegated patient care functions under the direction of the Professional Registered Nurse on a Laterman - Petris-Short Act (LPS) designated outpatient psychiatric receiving unit and crisis stabilization unit.
- Provide nursing care to the mental health client whose condition may be unstable and ever changing.
- Perform these functions according to established hospital standards of nursing care, standards of nursing practice and within the Vocational Nurse Practice Act.
- Respond appropriately to patients and families with knowledge of age-specific needs based on scope of service of unit/department where assigned.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Completion of program for Licensed Vocational Nurse and current licensure in good standing in California.
- Fluent ability to understand oral and written English directives, including English text.
- Ability to perform all physical requirements pertaining to delegated tasks.
- Satisfactory completion of BLS.
- Ability to accurately and efficiently complete assigned tasks.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to complete assignments in a timely manner.
- Ability to establish and maintain a courteous and cooperative (service-oriented) working relationship with patients, families and co-workers.
- Successful completion of basic medication administration exam prior to hire.
- Successful completion of course in Intravenous Therapy approved by the LVN Board.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Prefer at least one year of acute care institutional experience.
- Recent, hospital direct patient care experience on an acute, sub-acute unit or skilled nursing facility.
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center San Pedro is a 259-bed nonprofit hospital that has served the Harbor and greater South Bay communities since 1925. Our Medical Center offers a comprehensive array of medical and surgical services each distinguished by innovation, quality and excellence in its respective area. We received the CHART "Certificate of Excellence" for receiving superior or above average results across the majority of outcomes and process measures publicly reported by CHART. We ranked in the top 21 among more than 240 hospitals throughout the state compared by California Healthcare Foundation, and were the first location in the South Bay to carry the Gold Seal of Approval® from The Joint Commission for Primary Stroke Centers. As a member of Providence Health & Services, we are continually driven by the caring tradition of our heritage – the foundation of our Mission and core values – to embrace respect, compassion, justice, excellence and stewardship. Providence Health & Services today celebrates unprecedented growth, recognition for top quality health care, a vibrant employee culture where new ideas are encouraged and a drive to help the underprivileged - all with an eye toward the future.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: LPN / LVN
Location: California-San Pedro
Req ID: 146807