Providence is calling an On-Call Dietitian (0.0FTE, Days) to Providence St. Vincent Medical Center in Portland, OR.
This a Regional Acute Care Inpatient Relief Dietician position that covers staff days off, vacations, holidays, weekends on a rotating basis at all local Providence acute care hopitals.
In this position you will:
- Use evidence-based, nationally recognized clinical nutrition standards of care to assess patient nutritional needs, identify and recognize patients who are at risk for malnutrition, provide medical nutrition therapy, and develop tools to implement sound eating plan for patients to promote optimum nutrition intake and health maintenance.
- Utilize nutrition-related information systems and patient medical record systems to successfully coordinate patient nutrition care and dining experiences.
- Counsel and teach patients, family and care providers principles of the nutrition plan, counseling and supporting patients and clients as needed, taking into account individual patients' special cultural, religious, physical or age-related needs.
- Assist with the development of ongoing nutrition education programs and literature.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Completion of an undergraduate level degree in dietetics and nutrition approved by the Commission on Dietetic Registration
- License to practice in the State of Oregon (Candidates who are License eligible are encouraged to apply, but are required to be licensed prior to starting work)
- Registered with the Commission on Dietetic Registration
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- 1 year experience in clinical setting for generalist
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Dieticians and Clinical Nutrition Specialists
Req ID: 150510