Quality Care Our Heroes DeserveNow is the time to take your career to the next level and become part of the high-caliber talent that is VA. Experience what 300,000 current VA employees already have state-of-the art practice settings, access to the latest technology, a multi-disciplinary team environment and the opportunity to provide the men and women who have bravely served this country with the finest patient care, benefits and customer satisfaction. And with VA Patient Satisfaction Scores leading the healthcare industry, youll be joining one of the most respected facilities in the Nation.
To fulfill President Lincoln's promise ? "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" ? by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
The Nurse Manager for Napa CLC is responsible for the administration and evaluation of nursing services, program implementation, personnel management, and overall operations for the unit. S/he is responsible for the delivery of quality patient care, including appropriate documentation, clinical competency and continuous quality improvements projects, consistent with VA Northern California Health Care System. Incumbent is responsible for a full range of duties, serving as the expert to oversee the operations of the assigned areas and demonstrates mastery in leading the Nursing Team. Removes barriers through active collaboration with Nurse Executives, Nursing Supervisors, providers, site managers, and support services. Manages resources effectively to improve overall patient outcomes, using the group process in decision-making. Assesses the educational needs for staff and collaborates to assure that learning needs are met. Completes annual performance reviews and proficiencies in a timely manner and effectively maintains competency files, assuring competency and safe practice for assigned staff. Performs human resource functions including behavioral interviewing for selection of staff, in a fair unbiased diverse environment. Promptly submits documentation for staff promotions and awards. Effectively addresses disciplinary problems and closely collaborates with Employee Relations to resolve issues. Maintains working knowledge of the AFGE contract, abides by the contract, along with all laws, regulations and VA directives. Implements action plans to assure that performance measures are met to improve organizational performance. Assures a safe patient environment and immediately corrects deficiencies. Submits reports and data in a timely manner. Supports a work climate that is conducive to recruitment and retention of staff.
Relocation Expenses: Relocation expenses are not
authorized for this position.
· Responsible for direct coordination of staffing, physical facilities, supplies and equipment for nursing services to patients on a 24 hour, 7 day a week basis.
· Manages the administration and evaluation of nursing care, program implementation, personnel management and overall operations for the units.
· Manages the delivery of quality patient care, including appropriate documentation, employees clinical/performance competency and continuous National and VANCHCS Performance Improvement Measures, consistent with VANCHCS mission.
· Oversees and monitors employee's adherence to VHA Privacy/HIPPA and Information Security rules and regulations.
· Responsible for retention and recruitment of highly skilled nursing staff, monitoring changes in work flow, technical and equipment needs, and ensuring a workforce that can adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
· Responsible for ensuring employees complete mandatory annual and on time facility and nursing training and reviews within mandated time frame.
· Responsible for ensuring annual appraisals/proficiencies are completed, communicated to the employees and submitted in a timely manner.
· Familiar with established policies and procedures, administration of the unit in accordance with TJC and VHA policy. Responsible for ensuring staff compliance with VANCHCS and unit based policies and procedures.
· Knowledgeable in the application and completes reports regarding policy and procedures that include but are not limited to: staffing reconciliation, payroll exceptions, risk management, patient incident and personnel accident, EEO and sexual harassment allegations.
· Provides leadership and collaborates with the team to improve and sustain the quality and effectiveness of services to patients in an inter-professional setting.
· Promotes evidence based practice in all clinical environments to provide/ensure optimal patient care outcomes.
· Works collaboratively with nursing education team to identify and promote staff development and enhance staff competencies, and System Redesign initiatives. Collaborates with Chief Nurse, Professional Development for program development, quality care, performance measures and resource planning.
· Maintain an integrated delivery system through expansion of clinical practices.
· Maintain operational efficiencies through emphasis on safe practices and national safety.
Actively implements Lean principles, supports quality improvement projects and promotes a culture of continuous quality improvement.
Bring your expertise to VA and be valued as part of a team that is recognized and respected for significant contributions to medicine. Youâ??ll enjoy a patient-focused environment, terrific benefits and incentives, and the ability to practice at any VA facility in the country.
Equal Opportunity Employer