Cedars-Sinai Medical Center is a fast-growing, 977-bed tertiary hospital and Level I Trauma Center located in the heart of Los Angeles, near Beverly Hills. We’re the largest non-profit hospital in the Western United States with an unmatched record of achievement.
With a 100-year history of caring and a commitment to advanced technological capabilities, we provide the full range of inpatient and outpatient services for adults and children. We feature a Paramedic Base Station and have been certified as a Primary Stroke Center. We are also a world-class teaching facility and a renowned center of medical research. As a result, we provide exceptional caring to the people of our community, and to patients from across the country and around the world.
Your nursing career will thrive through our evidence-based, shared governance model that increases nurse involvement, decision-making authority and clinical accountability. Join us and discover how compassionate caregivers, advanced technology and a ceaseless dedication to being the best are transforming patient care.
We live the Cedars-Sinai mission every day through the contributions of more than 2,000 physicians in every clinical specialty, 10,000 employees, 2,000 volunteers and 15,000 fundraising support group members. Together we provide world-class medicine to our patients, our community, and patients from across the United States and around the world.
Physicians and scientists at Cedars-Sinai are engaged in basic and clinical research to bring medical advancements directly from the laboratory to the bedside. As the largest academic medical center in the western United States, we’re also training the next generation of physicians, researchers and allied health professionals, with more than 350 residents and fellows participating in over 60 graduate medical education programs.
The measure of our success is reflected in patient satisfaction scores, increasing clinical performance initiatives, excellent medical outcomes, ongoing research and academic programs, and national designations and awards. The highlights of these rankings include:
Magnet® Excellence in Nursing
In 2008 Cedars-Sinai was re-awarded the Magnet Excellence in Nursingdesignation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). Cedars-Sinai is one of only a handful of hospitals to receive this designation three times, which recognizes commitment to nursing development and quality care. In 2000 Cedars-Sinai became the first medical center in Southern California to receive Magnet designation. The ANCC found that Cedars-Sinai's nursing services "represent the highest standards in the nation and internationally."
U.S. News & World Report Ranking
In the 2010 U.S. News & World Report rankings, Cedars-Sinai was named one of America's best hospitals. Of the 4,852 U.S. hospitals, only 152 were ranked in at least one specialty.
Cedars-Sinai was ranked in 9 categories, including:
- Gastrointestinal Disorders
- Heart and heart surgery
- Kidney disease
- Neurology and Neurosurgery
NRC's Consumer Choice Award
For more than 20 years, Los Angeles area residents have named Cedars-Sinai the "Most Preferred Hospital for All Health Needs" in National Research Corporation's (NRC) annual Healthcare Market Guide survey.
In 2009, Cedars-Sinai ranked #1 in the Los Angeles Metropolitan Area in the following categories:
- Most Preferred for All Health Needs
- Best Doctors
- Best Nurses
- Best Overall Quality
- Best Accommodations and Amenities
- Most Personalized Care
- Latest Technology and Equipment
- Highest Patient Safety
- Best Image and Reputation
- Hospital Website Used Most Often
- Widest Range of Services
- Best Community Health Programs
- Hospital Most Conveniently Located
In 2010, Cedars-Sinai also ranked #1 in the Los Angeles Metropolitan Area in clinical areas such as
- Weight Loss Surgery
- Maternity (Obstetrics)
Cedars-Sinai has earned the prestigious NRC Consumer Choice Award for its high quality and image rankings every year since the award program's inception.
Cedars-Sinai offers a comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of today's employees. Our benefits package has been designed to be flexible, allowing you to choose the coverage that works best for your personal or family situation and then change your coverage as you move through different phases of life.
- Defined Contribution
- Defined Benefit
- 403(b) Plan
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life and Accident Insurance
- Voluntary Life and Accident Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Legal Plan
- Auto & Home Insurance
- Pet Insurance
Vacation Holiday Sick (VHS) and Other Time Off
Employee Assistance Program
Childcare Resource Service
Employee Referral Program
Click on the link below for the latest news about Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.
Cedars-Sinai Health System, a nonprofit, independent healthcare organization, is committed to:
- Leadership and excellence in delivering quality healthcare services.
- Expanding the horizons of medical knowledge through biomedical research.
- Educating and training physicians and other healthcare professionals
- Striving to improve the health status of our community
Quality patient care is our priority. Providing excellent clinical and service quality, offering compassionate care, and supporting research and medical education are essential to our mission. This mission is founded in the ethical and cultural precepts of the Judaic tradition, which inspires devotion to the art and science of healing, and to the care we give to our patients and staff.
Cedars-Sinai Health System will enhance its position as the leading healthcare provider in the Los Angeles area and rank highly among the nation's most respected, admired and trusted healthcare organizations. In fulfilling this role, Cedars-Sinai will:
- Attract and enhance relationships with the most well-qualified, accomplished and respected physicians, scientists, nurses, other healthcare professionals and staff
- Demonstrate excellent clinical quality, service quality and value
- Foster a culture of superb clinical and operational performance, as well as responsive and compassionate care
- Provide distinguished programs and services of excellence that build upon a tradition of clinical innovation, biomedical research, medical education and community service
- Remain at the forefront of advances in medicine and science through a strong, ongoing commitment to biomedical research and medical education
- Provide superior capabilities, facilities and technology for the full continuum of healthcare services
- Attract patients from regional, national and international markets by providing services directly, as well as through arrangements with other healthcare organizations that meet Cedars-Sinai Health System's standards of quality and service