Hours: Full Time, 40 hours (M-F) [with afternoon/evening hours most days]
FLSA STATUS: Exempt, Professional
JOB SUMMARY: The Licensed Clinical Therapist is responsible to the Clinical Manager, providing in-home specialty Mental Health Services throughout Service Area 8, primarily Long Beach, San Pedro, Wilmington, Carson, Torrance, Gardena, Hawthorne and Inglewood. Many of our cases require therapy conducted in Spanish. Services are primarily Prevention and Early Intervention for children and TAY, using the Evidence-Based treatment models of TF-CBT, MAP, CPP, PCIT, Seeking Safety, and PPP. Our client population is predominantly foster children and youth.
· Provide in-home individual and family therapy to child and TAY clients, with an emphasis on trauma-informed care.
· Deliver PEI services with the EBP models of TF-CBT, MAP, CPP, PPP, Seeking Safety and PCIT.
· Provide case management services as needed, and coordinate client care for adjunct services such as medication management and psychological testing.
· Collaborate with social workers, children’s attorneys, and schools as needed to ensure foster care clients receive comprehensive care.
· Serve as primary contact for on-call emergency consultation, including outside of normal work hours.
· Billing Expectation / Productivity = 1620 Units of Service a week (27 hours; 67.5%). The following will .
also be provided:
* Mileage (in accordance with IRS standards)
* Cell Phone Stipend
* Professional Development and CEU Opportunities
· Deliver effective Evidence-Based clinical treatment with adherence to model fidelity and protocols.
· Maintain accurate and timely clinical records, documenting client assessment, care plan and progress notes per Medi-Cal and LAC DMH standards.
· Administer standardized measures and outcome tools accurately and in compliance with guidelines.
· Participate in monthly PEI consultation group focused on the TF-CBT treatment model.
· Maintain knowledge in Evidence Based Treatment protocols used within the agency; including participation in outside training, on-going awareness of developments within the field, and involvement in treatment model-specific networks and collaboratives.
· Participate in program evaluation of Evidence Based Programs and Clinical programs agency-wide.
·Maintain agency credibility by establishing working relationships with community partners and agencies, including DCFS, DMH and the Children’s Court.
· Promote the agency by ensuring an understanding of program services available for clients; publicizing activities and accomplishments; adhering to a professional code of ethics.
· Address and answer any questions proposed by our community partners and parents in regards to access to resources in the community.
· 40-hours (Full Time) position with expectation of regularly working nights up until 8:00 pm.
· Work schedule is based on the needs of the agency.
· Clinician will travel to client homes in their own vehicle. Mileage will be reimbursed.
· Clinician will bill a minimum of 27 hours per week.
C4K provides a generous benefits package, including:
* A choice of several different Medical plans through Health Net and Kaiser
* Dental Insurance Plans
* Vision Insurance Plans
* Supplemental Insurance (AFLAC)
* Group coverage: Life, AD&D, Short & Long-Term Disability at no cost to the Employee
* Voluntary Life Insurance
* 11 Paid Holidays and 3 additional Floating Holidays
* Flexible Spending Account
* 403B Retirement Savings Plan, with an up to 5% match
* CEUs, Compliance and Professional Development access via Relias training portal
* Professional Development and Community Networking
* Mileage and cell phone stipend
* Access to Great Work Perks
* Year Round Volunteering
* Team-Building Activities and more!
Counseling4Kids provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Counseling4Kids complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Counseling4Kids expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Counseling4Kids’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
- Licensed in California as an MFT, LCSW, or PhD./Psy.D.
- Certified in TF-CBT and/or MAP, per LAC DMH approved training standards
- Minimum of 2 years of previous counseling experience with children, families and community mental health
- Knowledge of Los Angeles County DMH and Medi-Cal procedures
- Familiarity with electronic health record, preferably Exym
- Bi-lingual Spanish is strongly preferred (Pay Differential)
Internal Number: 004
Counseling4Kids is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization that provides effective mental health services to abused and neglected children and youth in the foster care system throughout Los Angeles County, as possible. Over 75 licensed therapists provide in-home therapy to over 1,600 children per year. Our services are funded by the Los Angeles Department of Mental Health.
Goal: To provide mental health services to children in Los Angeles County’s foster care system.
Reason: There had been a scarcity of mental health providers treating children who were in need of healing from the abuse and neglect they had suffered. Initially, Counseling4Kids treatment programs worked with 8 therapists providing services for 25 clients.
Today: Counseling4Kids therapists provide weekly in-home therapy sessions to children from ages 3-18, many of whom have experienced extreme trauma from severe abuse and neglect and exhibit symptoms of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Our range of services include: individual therapy, family therapy, psychological evaluation, medication support, case management and referral to community resources.