As one of the nation’s leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 300,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children – even those who may never enter our doors – through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.
Providing administrative support functions which further the clinical, educational and research missions of the Department of Surgery and its Surgical Divisions. In addition, this individual will provide administrative and clinical secretarial support to the Division Chief, physicians and clinical staff, as assigned.
oParticipation in Continuous Improvement activities which advance the efficiency and effectiveness of the department and/or division operations.
o Excellence in customer service that promotes patient, staff, colleague and customer satisfaction which reflects and advances the Mission, Vision and Values of Nemours. Adheres to the Nemours Standards of Behavior.
1.Provide daily administrative support to the Department Chair or Division Chief. Assist in the coordination and support of enterprise/departmental/divisional projects and initiatives.
2.Coordinate and maintain oversight of calendars to ensure an accurate schedule of appointments, including administrative and patient care activities at all service sites for the Department Chair or Division Chief, and other assigned providers. Schedule meetings as directed.
3. Coordinate and schedule patient care activities, including office visits, surgical procedures, hospital admissions and other ancillary healthcare services at all service sites for assigned physicians. Adhere to Nemours Reliable Methods and Standard Business Processes.
4. Manage and provide oversight of the Divisional master schedule, including appointment templates and operating room (OR) block time, at all service sites, to facilitate patient access, timely delivery of care and optimize productivity. Process clinic cancellation requests (CCR’s), following Nemours/Departmental protocols.
5. In collaboration with the Department of Surgery Operations Manager and Senior Clinical Operations Manager, provide oversight of daily Care Center schedules, and, with appropriate approval, implement strategies to increase patient access, minimize patient wait time and optimize efficiencies and productivity.
6. Promptly and courteously handle telephone calls to/from internal and external customers, including patients, parents, guardians, referring physicians, insurance companies, affiliate hospitals, etc. Utilize proper telephone etiquette. Take accurate messages; triage calls appropriately. Document conversations, per standard protocols, in Epic telephone encounters.
7. Ensure patient/customer satisfaction by providing excellent customer service during each encounter. Apply service recovery measures, as necessary. Consistently apply AIDET and Nemours Standards of Behavior to all interactions.
8. Proactively identify operational problems and opportunities related to the clinical and academic missions of the Department/Division. Collaborate with the appropriate individuals to develop goals, implement processes and facilitate change.
9. Maintain divisional records, including files and electronic communications, databases, spreadsheets, etc. Distribute information and reports as directed.
10. Manage the biweekly and monthly Kronos (timekeeping) entry process for assigned Department of Surgery personnel.
Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:30 am to 5 pm
3-5 years of relevant experience required
Bachelor's degree preferred.
Our dedication to professionals who are dedicated to children frequently earns Nemours a spot on the list of top workplaces in the communities we serve. Our Associates enjoy comprehensive benefits, including our unique “Bridge to a Healthy Future” pediatric health plan, an integrated wellness program, opportunities for professional growth, and much more. As an equal opportunity employer, Nemours focuses on the best-qualified applicants for our openings.
Nemours is committed to improving the health of children. As a non-profit children’s health organization, we consider the health of every child to be a sacred trust. Through family-centered care in our children’s hospitals and clinics in Delaware, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Florida, as well as world-changing research, education and advocacy, Nemours fulfills the promise of a healthier tomorrow for all children — even those who may never enter our doors. Nemours began more than 70 years ago with the vision of Alfred I. duPont to improve the lives of children and to do whatever it takes to prevent and treat even the most disabling childhood conditions. Today, through our children’s hospitals and health system, we directly care for 250,000 children annually in Delaware Valley and Florida, including families who travel from across the country and world to see our specialists — treating every child as we would our own. We also reach beyond the walls of our hospitals and clinics to be a voice for children on a national and international level, and to lead the way in prevention, intervention, education, and research. Nemours is growing to better serve the children and families in our ca...re. We have 1.1 million square feet of space currently devoted to providing children’s healthcare or under construction, all designed with significant input and advice from our patients and families.