You have a place in the health care industry. If you're looking to leverage your abilities to make a real difference - and real change in the health care industry - you belong at Banner Health. Apply today.
Located just 1-hour from Cheyenne and situated on the banks of the North Platte River, Torrington thrives on its rural pace and charm, and offers plenty of outdoor adventures. Play golf, visit the museum, participate in local cultural events and explore a wealth of recreational opportunities.
As a Physical Therapist Assistant, you will help with inpatient and outpatient therapy services, primarily focusing on follow-up visits alongside our Physical Therapists. In this full-time role, you will work Monday - Friday from 8:00am - 5:00pm, seeing patients in a 1:1 setting. If you enjoy working alongside a close-knit team, helping with a variety of therapy services, this role is for you - apply today!
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Community Hospital in Torrington, Wyo. is a 25-bed critical access hospital. We take pride in providing thoughtful medical care to residents in southeast Wyoming and bordering Nebraska communities, and we live our commitment to these communities in many ways. In fact, with the recent completion of an extensive expansion and remodel initiative, we are at an exciting and pivotal point in our development. We offer an innovative environment that includes digital mammography, a state-of-the-art emergency department, electronic medical records and a computerized OB system designed to reduce the chances of complications during labor and delivery. In addition, our location in close proximity to the Black Hills, Rocky Mountains and Denver offers a wide variety of lifestyle advantages, including small town charm and limitless recreational activities.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for the administration of physical therapy treatment under the supervision of a Physical Therapist, in accordance with physician referral, state and local organizational standards, regulatory agencies, and established departmental policies and procedures. This position demonstrates the clinical competence and knowledge necessary to provide treatment appropriate to the age of the patients served.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Administers physical therapy treatment according to the plan of care established by the Physical Therapist. Implements individualized treatment plan with consideration to the patient's physical, social, spiritual, cultural, educational and age specific needs. Provides skilled treatment in a safe manner. Monitors ongoing effectiveness of treatment and collaborates with Physical Therapist in modifying the plan of care when indicated. Identifies and prioritizes key limiting factors. Participates in discharge planning. Involves patient and family/caregiver in the treatment and decision making process. Provides ongoing education to physician, nurse, patient, family/caregiver, and interdisciplinary team.
2. Demonstrates understanding of scope of practice. Documents communication with supervising Physical Therapist. Communicates any significant change in the patient's physical function, behavior, and/or tolerance to treatment to the supervising Physical Therapist. Makes recommendations to Physical Therapist on additions to or modifications of referring orders. Provides input to the Physical Therapist to modify/update treatment goals so they are functional, measurable, patient related and reflect key limiting factors. Refers patient when treatment requires skills of Physical Therapist.
3. Documents according to standards set by the department and regulatory agencies. Completes documentation within the established time frames of the department. Documents innovative and individualized treatment techniques/plan. Documentation reflects comprehensive assessment of patient's progress or lack of progress. Treatment goals are reassessed according to department policies.
4. Communicates pertinent patient information to ensure the best possible follow through of care. Communicates treatment results, and patient progress to physicians, nurses, patient, family/caregiver and the interdisciplinary team. Communicates in a clear and timely manner. Defends treatment rationale with standard practices and/or current literature.
5. Exhibits adaptability in assignments as it relates to caseload, scheduling, and staffing shifts. Takes initiative to assist in other patient care areas and accepts responsibility for all patient care needs.
6. Demonstrates appropriate supervision and delegation of personnel to achieve safe delivery of quality cost effective patient care. Supervision and delegation of the Therapy Technician and PTA student complies with department policies and regulatory agencies. Participates in the training and orientation of new personnel. Assures competency of personnel, prior to delegation of task.
7. Department operational activities. Attends required department staff meetings and/or follows up to obtain pertinent information. Participates in department/facility process improvement. Meets productivity standards set by the department.
8. This position has responsibility for interacting with all levels of staff in a variety of departments, physicians, patients, families, and external contacts such as employees of other health care institutions, community providers and agencies concerning the health care of the patient. Also interacts with the physician offices in order to report, requires or clarify information.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Must have graduated from Physical Therapy Assistant program accredited by APTA, or equivalent.
Must possess a current Physical Therapy Assistant license from the state seeking practice if required. BLS certification required.
Relates throughout the interview process their clinical competency, experience, training and education they have received that is required to perform the job.
Patient care equipment, and therapeutic modalities. Copier, multi-line/multi-feature telephone, fax machine, computer, pager, and miscellaneous office equipment.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS For Banner Registry and Travel positions a minimum of one year experience working as a Therapy Asst is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R1939
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.