You have a place in the health care industry. There's more to health care than IV bags and trauma rooms. We support all staff members as they find the path that is right for them. If you're looking to leverage your abilities - you belong at Banner Staffing Services.
Banner Staffing Services (BSS) offers Registry/Per Diem opportunities within Banner Health. Registry/Per Diem positions are utilized as needed within our facilities. These positions are great way to start your career with Banner Health. As a BSS team member, you are eligible to apply (at any time) as an internal applicant to any regular opportunities within Banner Health.
As a valued and respected Banner Health team member, you will enjoy:
Flexible Schedules (select positions)
Fewer Shifts Cancelled
403(b) Pre-tax retirement
Employee Assistance Program
Employee wellness program
Discount Entertainment tickets
Auto Purchase Plan
Registry/Per Diem positions do not have guaranteed hours and no medical benefits package is offered. Completion of post-offer Occupational Health physical assessment, drug screen and background check (includes; employment, criminal and education) is required.
POSITION SUMMARY This position develops, coordinates and provides social work services to patients and families who are faced with social, emotional and situational stressors precipitated by illness, injury, and/or disability. The goal is to aid in adaptation and empower the patient and the family to participate to the fullest of their abilities in the discharge planning process. This position provides developmentally appropriate care for the population that it serves which includes planning for the safe discharge and continuity of care, the ability to recognize and plan for the unique needs of all ages as well as the physically disabled, mentally ill, chronically ill and terminally ill patient.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Processes and facilitates the assessment with analysis of functional and psychological needs of the patient within the framework of his/her developmental stage, functional abilities, cultural milieu, and support network. Assessment of the relationship of the patient's medical needs to the patient's home situation, financial resources, and availability of community resources. Assessment of the social and emotional factors related to the patient's illness, need for care, response to treatment, and adjustment to care. Assessment includes: initial assessments, behavioral observations, test (MMSE, depression screening, substance abuse screening), resource identification - strength based, collection and analysis of information to determine an individual's treatment needs.
2. Formulates a plan of intervention acceptable to the patient, family, and health care team. Facilitate adjustments to the plan of care when necessary to promote enhanced outcomes. Collaborates with all members of the healthcare team to develop, manage, and communicate patient needs and discharge plans.
3. Documents all interventions in the patient medical record both timely and accurately including all elements of the transitional care plan to include the discharge plan.
4. Provides advocacy, assistance, support, counseling and crisis intervention to patients and families. Facilitates hospital-sponsored support groups.
5. Functions in a liaison role between the hospital and community in making community resources available to the patient and family.
6. Maintains knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and other program benefits to assist patients with discharge planning and choices. Knowledge of contemporary behavioral health and system theories relevant to health care, end of life dynamics, and interventions; grief and bereavement counseling, substance abuse identification and interventions, support of victims of abuse, neglect, or violence. Provides professional education to staff and community.
7. Gather / assessing information, apply counseling and developmental theories, utilizing diagnostic frameworks, and engage in collaborative treatment planning.
8. Has freedom to determine how to best accomplish functions within established procedures. Confers with supervisor on any unusual situations. Positions are facility based with no budgetary responsibility. Internal customers: All levels of nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: Home health agencies, nursing homes, insurance providers, volunteer services, county and governmental agencies and medical supply companies.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The core functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
Requires a Master's Degree in Social Work, Counseling or related field (requirement is based on business need and regulatory compliance, all positions may not have this requirement).
Requires a Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) (equivalent*) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW). An equivalent license applies to states that do not recognize an LMSW; therefore, the employee must possess a Master's Degree and be a Licensed Social Worker. For assignments in an acute care setting, Basic Life Support (BLS) certification is also required.
Requires a proficiency level typically achieved with 3 years acute care hospital experience. Banner Registry and Travel positions require a minimum of one year experience in an acute care hospital setting. Experience must include working in an acute care setting within the past 12 months as a Social Worker MSW in the specialty area.
Must have knowledge of government/community resources such as Medicare, Medicaid, long-term care or any other applicable resources/services. Must demonstrate critical thinking skills, problem-solving abilities, effective communication skills, human relations skills and time management skills. In acute care, must be able to work flexible hours and take rotating call after hours.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R2519
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.