Your Journey with us began the moment you made the choice to seek a career with Banner Health. Whether you are just beginning your career or your Journey has spanned 30 years, Banner's employer commitment is: "We'll help make a difference in your life and career so you can make a difference in the lives of others."
If you are a certified special education teacher in Arizona, who is endorsed to teach emotional disabilities or is cross-categorical certified, then we want to hear from you! You will work Monday through Friday, 7:00 to 3:30 pm on all days of the school calendar and in addition to teaching, attend various school events, such as professional development days and parent/teacher conferences.
Banner Academy is a nationally accredited, private day school for students who are emotionally handicapped, learning disabled, or on the autism spectrum. Students range from grades 4 through 12 in the school with five classrooms. Each classroom has two teachers and up to 12 students. Banner Academy is located in Tempe, AZ.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides academic instruction to patients K-12 in various academic areas with a primary focus on individualized instruction in accordance with school, state, and accreditation standards and guidelines.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides academic instruction to students in various academic areas with a primary focus on individualized instruction in accordance with school, state, and accreditation standards and guidelines. Performs academic and needs assessments as necessary. Ensures students' progress in relation to goal objectives.
2. Responsible for the education of students. Develops lesson plans and curriculum unless provided by the school to ensure educational needs are being met. Provides specialized instructional techniques/activities through individual sessions designed to meet the educational needs of children, including use of online resources and computer software. Orders appropriate educational material based on needs.
3. Manages education plans and provides ongoing support. Properly communicates and provides feedback. Maintains/prepares grading, progress reports, individualized education program (IEP), transcripts, and educational summaries. Records and gathers data for program requirements.
4. Assists - with coordination of school re-entry visits as needed. Provides parents with home strategies as appropriate to the child.
5. Maintains a safe, clean and organized learning environment, whether at child's bedside or classroom setting.
6. May provide instruction in non-academic areas and transportation services to students.
7. This position services the special educational needs of students. Interacts with all disciplines within the facility including nursing, family therapists, case managers and adjunctive therapies. Outside the facility, interacts with case managers, probation officers, school psychologists, school counselors, school teachers, officials from other treatment facilities and parents of students.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Bachelor's degree in education or related field and necessary certification from the respective State Board of Education. Teachers in the Behavioral setting are required to possess certification as required by state to teach emotionally disabled students. Internship in secondary or special education as required by state and/or has the necessary college hours according to the accreditation association. Must be certified by the state to teach a content area at middle and high school levels.
Must be certified by the state to teach a content area at middle and high school levels.
Requires knowledge typically achieved with 1 - 2 years of experience in related setting. Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills, creative thinking, prioritizing and flexible problem solving. Requires ability to apply learning principles. May be required to possess a valid driver's license and be eligible for coverage under the company's auto insurance policy
Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R6169
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.