Explore and excel. If you're looking to leverage your abilities to make a real difference - and real change in the health care industry - you belong at Banner Staffing Services. Apply today.
Banner Staffing Services (BSS) offers Registry/Per Diem opportunities within Banner Health. Registry/Per Diem positions are utilized as needed within our facilities. These positions are great way to start your career with Banner Health. As a BSS team member, you are eligible to apply (at any time) as an internal applicant to any regular opportunities within Banner Health.
As a valued and respected Banner Health team member, you will enjoy:
Flexible Schedules (select positions)
Fewer Shifts Cancelled
403(b) Pre-tax retirement
Employee Assistance Program
Employee wellness program
Discount Entertainment tickets
Auto Purchase Plan
Registry/Per Diem positions do not have guaranteed hours and no medical benefits package is offered. Completion of post-offer Occupational Health physical assessment, drug screen and background check (includes; employment, criminal and education) is required.
POSITION SUMMARY This position assesses and coordinates behavioral health care to ensure the most appropriate level of care in accordance with all state and federal regulations as well as company policies and procedures. This position provides crisis assessment and support to patients and family members who are experiencing serious psychological or psychoactive substance abuse disorders. This position communicates effectively with multidisciplinary teams within organization and outside agencies.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Performs emergent/non-emergent behavioral health assessment of mental health and psychoactive substance abuse patients. Makes recommendations regarding patient's level of care needs and resources. Coordinates inpatient and outpatient admissions or alternate level of care facilities. Provides crisis stabilization therapy or intervention therapy skills during critically changing behavioral situations. Coordination with the patient's family, attending physician, or other hospitals and agencies may be required.
2. Conducts assessments in collaboration with other healthcare professionals as necessary to develop clinically safe patient dispositions according to state regulations.
3. Documents complete, accurate and timely in the medical record. Depending on assignment, incumbents with a current RN License may take Doctor's orders.
4. Conducts initial utilization review by obtaining treatment authorizations as appropriate with representatives of managed care or other necessary agencies/individuals. Documents accurately and coordinates with patient financial services and payers regarding treatment authorized.
5. Identifies the full spectrum of mental health disorders as listed in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual (DSM) and is knowledgeable of all state and federal protocols that pertain to the treatment/transfer of psychiatric patients.
6. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
7. Responds within hospital bylaws to requests for assessment and consultations within organization. Provides emergency interventions and makes disposition recommendations to medical staff.
8. May be accountable for external patient placement, advocacy assistance and support to patients and families. Collaborates with all memebers of the healthcare team to develop, manage and communicate discharge plans.
9. This position is responsible for behavioral health assessments within organization. Internal customers: all levels of nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary healthcare team. External customers: physicians, payers, community agencies, provider networks and regulatory agencies.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The core functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
Must possess a strong knowledge of counseling, psychotherapy or clinical social work as normally obtained through the completion of a master's degree or other health care related field.
Requires BLS (BLS is not required for employees working in Telehealth Behavioral Health Services).
Requires a proficiency level typically achieved with 2 years clinical experience. As required by state law, a licensure or acquired licensure within 6 months of assuming position in at least one of the following categories: social work, professional counseling or marriage and family (certification requires two years post graduate experience in a mental health setting or equivalent combination of education and documented supervised clinical experience). Requires extensive knowledge in the areas of psychotherapy, counseling or clinical social work. Must have a working knowledge of hospital operations, medical/nursing staff procedures, hospital and community resources. Excellent organizational, human relations, and communication skills are required to maintain good rapport and effective working relationships with internal and external customers. Banner Registry and Travel positions require a minimum of one year experience in an acute care hospital setting. Experience must include working in an acute care setting within the past 12 months as a Crisis & Intake Therapist in the specialty area.
Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R6685
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.