Medical Imaging plays a pivotal role in the delivery of excellent patient care at Banner Health. From detection and diagnosis to the treatment of illnesses and abnormalities, Banner Health's varied medical imaging and radiology services help physicians establish and execute individualized treatment plans.
There is an opportunity for a Medical Imaging Coordinator to support our CT team at Banner Del Webb Medical Center. This position is vital to supporting both the staff and patient experience. You will facilitate services, and provide clinical support within the department. You will perform prescribed procedures as directed by following department/facility policies, procedures, and protocols. ARRT and MRTBE in CT is required. Hospital experience is highly preferred.
This is a full time (40 hours), day shift position: Monday - Thursday Friday 7A-5:30P
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Banner Del E. Webb Medical Center excels in providing extraordinary health care to residents of the northwest Valley of metro Phoenix and is recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of Phoenix's Best Hospitals. With 390 licensed beds, the hospital provides a wide range of services, including acute medical and surgical services as well as intensive care, emergency and urgent care, inpatient/outpatient surgery, cardiac catheterization, neurology, orthopedics, oncology, urology, pulmonary, obstetrics and gynecology, extended care, outpatient diagnostic services, acute and outpatient rehabilitation and adult behavioral services.
POSITION SUMMARY This position facilitates services and provides clinical support within the department. Performs prescribed procedures as directed by following department/facility policies, procedures and protocols. Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to organize and provide care appropriate to patient population.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides or facilitates patient care for patient populations and serves as a resource to staff for clinical support. Assumes responsibility for direct patient care when necessary. Promotes interdisciplinary patient care planning and patient education.
2. Demonstrates leadership qualities in support of department needs and collaborates with various departments, outside vendors, and other departments to assure adequate resources and the proper coordination of safe, efficient patient care management.
3. Serves as resource to patients, families, providers and staff in providing care by facilitating patient flow. Assists in the interpretation of department/facility/system policies within the clinical setting. Responsible for providing safe and cost effective care while considering patient satisfaction and customer service.
4. Participates in staff development, orientation, education and evaluation of clinical competencies. Mentors staff to increase clinical, critical thinking and problem solving skills. May participate in employee performance assessments.
5. Supports change and assists in the development, interpretation, implementation and evaluation of the process improvement and quality management activities of the department/system. May serve as QA and clinical educator. May coordinate and assist in development of QI/QC projects.
6. Monitors staff usage and ensures staffing meets patient needs in a fiscally responsible manner.
7. Accountable for the ethical, legal, and professional responsibilities related to imaging practice. This includes maintaining confidentiality of all work information. Adheres to safety policies.
8. Assures the efficient operation of workflow of the department. Performs prescribed procedures in accordance with established departmental/facility policies and procedures.
9. This position functions within the Imaging department of the assigned facility. Participates on committees as assigned. Internal customers: All levels of medical imaging and nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: regulatory and health agencies, patients and family members.
Certificate or diploma from an approved/accredited Radiologic Technology program or equivalent program for other modalities (MRI, Nuclear Medicine, CAT Scan, Mammography, Diagnostic imaging).
Requires national certification from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) and/or modality qualified licensure (NMTCB, ARDMS, ARMRIT). Licensure by state regulatory agency required, if applicable. Advance certification by accrediting body in specialty required (MRI, Nuclear Medicine, CAT Scan, Mammography), if applicable. BLS certification required. Depending on certification and modality(ies) coordinating, may be assigned to a single modality or Multi-Modality Medical Imaging Coordinator role (Ultrasound Coordinator, MRI Coordinator, Mult Mod Med Img Coord, etc.)
This position requires clinical knowledge typically achieved with 3+ years of experience. Must demonstrate effective communication skills, human relations skills, analyze data and solve problems.
Health care related Bachelors degree and prior supervisory experience preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R7645
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.