Health care is constantly changing, and at Banner Health, we are at the front of that change. We are leading health care to make the experience the best it can be. We want to change the lives of those in our care - and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
Banner Children's Pediatric Clinic takes great care of our patients because we have great providers who truly care for our patients, and an engaged staff that makes it happen every day for our patients by being customer obsessed. The Banner Children's Pediatric Clinic takes a simple approach to health care, the better we care for our co-workers and staff, the better care we can provide to our patients. If you are looking to be challenged, work with a large team that is focused on getting the absolute best results for patients, Banner Children's Pediatric Clinic is just the place to start or continue your journey in healthcare. This is an exciting opportunity to join our team of caring providers and staff. You will be working closely with our team to help achieve our mission of "making healthcare easier so life can be better".
You will get a chance to help shape many lives by being the first connection to our patients, and also help improve lives in our community. A career with Banner is great whether you are just starting out, or have many years' experience. Everyone at Banner contributes to our patients lives! Banner Children's Pediatric Clinic looks to empower our staff to make decisions, and let your natural talents grow into a role that best fits your strengths. Banner Children's Pediatric Clinic offers a chance to work directly with our patients and with an engaged group of physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and staff. Banner Children's Pediatric Clinic is looking for people that want to challenge themselves, give ideas to make positive changes in our patient lives, and want a positive work environment built on communication and trust. As part of our team you will grow and develop in your healthcare career. This Customer Experience Rep role will work Monday- Friday 8a-5p No Weekends!!!
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
At Banner Medical Group, you'll have the opportunity to perform a critical role in the community where you practice. Banner Medical Group provides both primary and specialty care throughout the communities in which Banner Health operates. We do this in a variety of settings - from smaller group practices like our Banner Health Clinics in Loveland, Colo. and Torrington, Wyo., to large multi-specialty Banner Health Centers in the metropolitan Phoenix area. We currently have more than 1,000 physicians and more than 3,500 total employees in our group and are seeking others to enhance our ability to deliver our nonprofit mission of providing excellent patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is located in a medical clinic or physician's practice and coordinates a smooth patient flow process by answering phones, providing registration of patient and insurance information, obtaining required signatures following established processes, procedures and standards. This position conducts registration and obtains financial reimbursement for all patients accessing service at clinics and physician practices. Reviews all account information to optimize collection efforts and system recording events to expedite reimbursement and compliance. This also includes accurately posting patients at the point of service and releasing information in accordance with organizational and compliance policies and guidelines. And resolving issues as they arise to promote point of service decisions.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Performs registration/check-in processes, including but not limited to performing data entry activities, providing patients with appropriate information and intake forms, obtaining necessary signatures and generating population health summary. Assists front office in answering phones, taking messages, prescription refills, locating information and other related duties when necessary. Documents correspondence in the patient's medical record. Updates demographic and insurance information in the practice management system.
2. Receives physician's orders and completes patient registration. Obtains necessary authorizations, pre-certifications and/or referrals. Works closely with the billing department to ensure accurate coding for all charges. Verifies insurance eligibility benefits for services rendered with the payors and documents appropriately. Assists in obtaining or validating pre-certification, referrals, and authorizations.
3. Calculates and collects patient liability according to verification of insurance benefits and expected reimbursement. Explains and provides financial policies and available resources for alternative payment arrangements to patients and their families.
4. Enters payments/charges for services rendered and performs daily payment/charge reconciliation in a timely and accurate manner. Balances cash drawer at the beginning and end of the day and prepares daily bank deposit with necessary paperwork sent to centralized billing for record purposes.
5. Confirms patient appointments for the following day as necessary and ensures patients are properly prepared for visits. Assists in responding to requests for patient medical records according to company policies and procedures, and state and federal laws.
6. Provides information and customer service to patients and patient families. Provides information and instructions to patients regarding clinic procedures and services.
7. Performs general office duties such as distributing mail and fax information, ordering supplies, etc.
8. Works under direct supervision and follows structured work routines. Works in a fast paced, multi task environment with high volume and immediacy needs requiring independent decision making and sound judgment to prioritize work and ensure appropriateness and timeliness of each patient's care. This position requires the ability to retain large amounts of changing payor information/knowledge crucial to attaining reimbursement for the services provided. Primary external customers include patients and their families, physician office staff and third party payors.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The core functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Requires knowledge of patient financial services, financial, collecting services or insurance industry experience and customer service skills as normally acquired over one or more years of related work experience. Requires the ability to build familiarity with medical terminology and an understanding of all common insurance and payor types. Accurate and efficient keyboarding skills, and the ability to work effectively with common office software are required. Must have highly developed interpersonal skills and communications skills, with a strong customer service orientation to effectively interact with a wide range of audiences. Requires the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision and to work independently. Requires strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
Previous medical, financial services and/or customer service work experience preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
DATE APPROVED 08/27/2017
Internal Number: R8113
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.