The future is full of possibilities. At Banner Health, we're excited about what the future holds for health care. That's why we're changing the industry to make the experience the best it can be. If you're ready to change lives, we want to hear from you.
Located just 1-hour from Cheyenne and situated on the banks of the North Platte River, Torrington thrives on its rural pace and charm, and offers plenty of outdoor adventures. Play golf, visit the museum, participate in local cultural events and explore a wealth of recreational opportunities! The Therapy Services team is operating out of a brand-new building with state-of-the-art equipment. The close-knit team is committed to the well-being of our patients, and each other, working to ensure our patients receive the best care and our staff operate with a fantastic work-life balance.
As a Physical Therapist at Torrington Community Hospital, you will be providing a combination of both inpatient and outpatient care in a rural setting, so helping out with a little bit of everything in the Physical Therapy realm. Through pediatrics to geriatrics, along with many orthopedic cases, your workload will be varied! In this role, you will be working a day shift position of Monday - Friday from 8am - 5pm, with rotating weekends and holidays shared among the team. If you like growing your skill set and working alongside a great team, this role is for you - apply today!
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Community Hospital in Torrington, Wyo. is a 25-bed critical access hospital. We take pride in providing thoughtful medical care to residents in southeast Wyoming and bordering Nebraska communities, and we live our commitment to these communities in many ways. In fact, with the recent completion of an extensive expansion and remodel initiative, we are at an exciting and pivotal point in our development. We offer an innovative environment that includes digital mammography, a state-of-the-art emergency department, electronic medical records and a computerized OB system designed to reduce the chances of complications during labor and delivery. In addition, our location in close proximity to the Black Hills, Rocky Mountains and Denver offers a wide variety of lifestyle advantages, including small town charm and limitless recreational activities.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for the evaluation, planning, administration and supervision of Physical Therapy treatment in accordance with physician referral, state and national organizational standards, regulatory agencies, and established departmental policies and procedures. This position demonstrates the clinical competence and knowledge necessary to provide treatment appropriate to the age of the patients served.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Evaluates patient's functional abilities and limitations. Determines if intervention is needed. Establishes a plan of care and treatment goals. Completes comprehensive evaluation within the established time frame set by the department. Identifies and prioritizes key limiting factors. Establishes treatment goals that are functional, measurable, patient related and reflects the key limiting factors. Collaborates with patient and family/caregiver when setting goals. Initiates discharge planning. Recommends additions to or modifications of referring orders.
2. Implements individualized treatment plan with consideration to the patient's physical, social, spiritual, cultural, educational and age specific needs. Provides skilled treatment in a safe manner. Assesses ongoing effectiveness of treatment and modifies plan of care as indicated. Involves patient and family/caregiver in the treatment and decision making process. Provides ongoing education to physician, nurse, patient, family/caregiver, and interdisciplinary team.
3. Documents according to professional practice guidelines set by regulatory agencies. Documents legibly. Completes documentation within the established time frames of the department. Documents evidence based and individualized treatment techniques/plan. Documentation reflects skilled intervention and comprehensive assessment of the patient's progress or lack of progress. Treatment goals are reassessed according to department policies.
4. Communicates pertinent patient information to ensure the best possible follow through of care. Communicates evaluation/treatment results and patient progress to physicians, nurses, patient, family/caregiver, and interdisciplinary team. Communicates in a clear and timely manner. Accepts responsibility to contact physicians for routine or difficult problem solving to ensure optimal patient outcome. Defends treatment rationale with standard practices and/or current literature.
5. Exhibits adaptability in assignments as it relates to caseload, scheduling, and staffing shifts. Takes initiative to assist in other patient care areas and accepts responsibility for all patient care needs.
6. Demonstrates appropriate supervision and delegation of personnel to achieve safe delivery of quality cost effective patient care. Supervision and delegation of the PTA, ATC, Therapy Technician and student complies with department policies and regulatory agencies. Participates in the training and orientation of new personnel. Assures competency of personnel, prior to delegation of task.
7. Department operational activities. Attends department required meetings and/or follows up to obtain pertinent information. Participates in departmental/facility process improvement. Meets productivity standards set by the department.
8. This position has responsibility for interacting with all levels of staff in a variety of departments, physicians, patients, families, and external contacts such as employees of other health care institutions, community provides and agencies concerning the health care of the patient. Also interacts with the physician offices in order to report, request or clarify information.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Must have graduated from an APTA accredited school of Physical Therapy, or equivalent.
Must possess a current Physical Therapy license within the State of practice. BLS certification required.
Relates throughout the interview process their clinical competency, experience, training and education they have received that is required to perform the job. Demonstrates through behaviors and answers to job related experiential questions.
Must have the ability to become proficient with computer software applications commonly used in an automated patient care environment. Patient care equipment, evaluation tools, and therapeutic modalities. Copier, multi-line feature telephone, fax machine, computer, pager, and miscellaneous office equipment.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R1264
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.