Explore and excel. At Banner Health, health care is a team effort. One might be surprised by the number of people who work behind the scenes and play a critical role in ensuring the best care for our patients. Apply today.
North Colorado Medical Center is looking for a per diem Emergency Communications Specialist (Dispatcher) in beautiful Northern Colorado. This position will join a dynamic Emergency Services team working either 7a-7p or 7p-7a. The successful Emergency Communications Specialist (Dispatcher) will have 2 or more years' experience helicopter dispatch experience and either experience as an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) or as an Emergency Medical Dispatch (EMD). If you are interested, please apply for this position.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
A 378-bed Level II trauma center and acute care facility with over 3000 employees, North Colorado Medical Center is the largest hospital in the region. As a regional medical center, we provide community-based and specialty services for a service area that includes southern Wyoming, western Nebraska, western Kansas and northeastern Colorado. In order to provide the most compassionate and innovative care possible, we bring together state-of-the-art technology and an exceptional team of health care professionals. For the healthcare professional, our Greeley, Colorado location offers access to a wide variety of recreational activities in an inviting, close-knit community.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is for a Communications Specialist for a rotor-wing, Critical-Care medical transport organization. The Communications Specialist is responsible for oversight and flight-following of all missions and serves as the primary communication link between medical teams, referring and receiving facilities/agencies, pilots and the physicians before and throughout transport.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Activates and follows flight/ground teams during team missions to include flight following, customer notification and documentation. All will be completed in a professional manner, within current policies.
2. Triages and performs multiple critical tasks in a stressful emergency environment calmly and in a timely manner.
3. Establishes proficiency with Incident Command Systems, Emergency Operations Centers, Multiple Casualty Incidents, aircraft incident, Hazmat and Disaster plans with the ability to assist management and federal transportation agencies during any incident.
4. Coordinates the details of medical transports by working with the aviation, medical and communications departments in conjunction with the requesting agency and other appropriate resources.
5. Accurately inputs all flight and ground transport information into network database with special regard to FAA Part 135 and NCME policies and procedures. Maintains a working knowledge of FAA rules and regulations (pertaining to Parts 91 and 135) and remains current and complies with all policies and procedures.
6. Maintains and facilitates positive relationships with referring and receiving facilities and pre-hospital agencies to ensure a safe, coordinated and expeditious response for emergency assistance and/or transport for all customers, both internal and external.
7. Implements proper procedures for notification of administration personnel and/or appropriate agencies in the event of incidents, accidents, or emergency situations involving personnel according to established policies and procedures.
8. Comm Spec will be expected to function independently according to the established protocols and procedures. Confers with supervisor for unusual situations. Difficult decisions may include unusual circumstances where aeromedical transport mode may change according to location, weather, mechanical issues or activation of the Pre / Post Accident Incident Plan. External customers to include all aspects of emergency service departments (fire, police, public service, EMS, bystanders and other dispatch centers). Internally they will work closely with the administrative representatives and the patient placement specialists in addition this position works closely with both aeromedical teams.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Within the first year of hire, must be able to obtain AHA CPR certification and flight-following certification through the International Association of Medical Transport Communication Specialists (IAMTCS).
Must be computer literate and have a good working knowledge of Word, Access and Excel software programs. Must be able to learn other software programs as necessary, including custom programs. Must possess excellent customer service skills and have the ability to function calmly in high pressure situations, think clearly and logically, and make problem-solving decisions based on information given. Must have excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills. Ability to multi-task and to work as a team.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Previous experience with air medical communications experience. Current EMT-B certification or higher. Previous medical terminology course or experience. EMS operation experience.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R6030
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.