Banner Health believes leadership matters. We look for people who share our vision making health care easier, so life can be better. Our leaders are at the front of the health care transformation, planning the future of Banner Health.
As the Licensed Clinical Social Work Sr. Manager, you should have in-depth experience with community resources and exercise discretion and expertise of cases that require escalation. The intensity of care coordination provided is situational and appropriate based on patient need and payer requirements. You are to provide guidance and oversee staff members in the Care Coordination department consisting of both Licensed Social Workers and RN Case Managers to include identifying/resolving barriers which may hinder effective patient care. You will supervise employees and participate in selection, orientation, counseling, evaluation, and staff scheduling. An integral part of this position is continuing knowledge of clinical, leadership, and post-acute care services and competency to evaluate outcomes related to delivery of Care Coordination Services.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life
University Medical Center Tucson Banner - University Medical Center Tucson is nationally recognized for providing exceptional patientcare, teaching future health-care professionals andconducting groundbreaking research. Also located onthe campus is Diamond Children's - recognized for itsspecialized pediatric services including neonatal andintensive care, emergency medicine and cancer therapies.Banner - University Medical Center Tucson is SouthernArizona's only Level 1 Trauma Center, meaning we carefor the most critically injured patients. The hospital isconsistently listed among the nation's top hospitals in theprestigious Best Hospitals ranking by U.S. News & WorldReport. Our nurses' innovative, safe and thoughtful carehas been recognized with Magnet (tm) designation fromthe American Nurses Credentialing Center. The hospital'sphysicians are full-time faculty of the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Tucson. Our specialty servicesinclude comprehensive heart and cancer care, advancedneuroscience techniques and a multi-organ transplantprogram.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides operational, financial, managerial and/or clinical support within the department. Supervises and participates in the selection, orientation, counseling, and evaluation of staff. May provide direct patient care, as necessary, by following department/facility policies, procedures and protocol. This position ensures optimal care/treatment to patient population. This position meets all of the requirements and performs all essential functions of the Licensed Social Services Professional.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Participates in hiring, training, conducting performance evaluations, provides counseling, corrective action and directs the workflow for the staff. This position participates in the development and implementation of department goals and objectives. Ensures all goals and objectives are met timely and effectively. Mentors and acts as a resource to staff pursuing licensure.
2. Provides or facilitates patient care for patient populations and serves as a resource to staff for clinical and managerial support. Assumes responsibility for direct patient care when necessary. Promotes interdisciplinary patient care planning and patient education.
3. Demonstrates effective communication skills, problem solving, critical thinking and conflict resolution in the supervision of the department, keeping the appropriate people informed. Demonstrates leadership qualities in support of department needs and Collaborates with various outside agencies and other departments to assure adequate resources and the proper coordination of safe, efficient patient care management.
4. Supports change and participates in the development, interpretation, implementation and evaluation of the goals/objectives and process improvement activities within the department.
5. Manages patient care activities within the budgetary and productivity guidelines of the department/facility. Monitors staff usage and ensures staffing meets patient needs in a fiscally responsible manner.
6. Maintains clinical competencies and certifications as required and assures compliance with regulatory agencies and laws. Accountable for the ethical, legal, and professional responsibilities related to radiology practice. This includes maintaining confidentiality of all work information. Adheres to safety policies.
7. Determines how to best accomplish functions within established procedures. Responsible for professional practice according to Banner's role responsibilities and standards of practice for the discipline of Social Work. Confers with supervisor on any unusual situations. Internal customers: All levels of nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: Home health agencies, nursing homes, insurance providers, volunteer services, county and governmental agencies, medical supply companies, professional organizations and vendors.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Requires a Master's degree in Social Work, Counseling or related field. A Master's degree in Social Work may be required in some areas based on business need and compliance.
Requires a Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) (equivalent*) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW). An equivalent license applies to states that do not recognize an LMSW; therefore, the employee must possess a Master's Degree and be a Licensed Social Worker. For assignments in an acute care setting, Basic Life Support (BLS) certification is also required.
Requires a proficiency level typically achieved with 5 years acute care medical Social Work experience. Experience must include working in an acute care setting as a medical Social Worker. Must have knowledge of government/community resources such as Medicare, Medicaid, long-term care or any other applicable resources/services. Must demonstrate critical thinking skills, problem-solving abilities, effective communication skills, human relations skills and time management skills. In acute care, must be able to work flexible hours and take rotating call after hours.
Must have the ability to use commonly used software.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Previous leadership and training experience and basic knowledge of adult learning principles is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
DATE APPROVED 04/05/2020
Internal Number: R6538
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.