The future is full of possibilities. At Banner Health, we're excited about what the future holds for health care. That's why we're changing the industry to make the experience the best it can be. If you're ready to change lives, we want to hear from you.
Do you have a passion for providing excellent customer service? Banner Imaging is currently looking for a Medical Imaging Assistant to join our dedicated and knowledgeable team in Sun City West. We are a high volume, successful outpatient radiology practice requiring dedication and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks. We offer an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. At Banner Health our mission is to Make health care easier, so life can be better. If you have a passion for health care and customer service, we want to hear from you.
Looking for someone with IV skills. You will asked to prepare and administer radioactive isotopes for diagnostic procedures. Operate nuclear imaging equipment to produce quality diagnostic images according to dept protocol and by following/verifying physician orders. You will perform dept quality control procedures and maintains documentation. Ability to improvise standard procedures when required. Ability to work both independently and in a team environment, making decisions and directing work and patient flow to maximize operational efficiency. Demonstrates professional conduct with patients and fellow co-workers across depts. Familiarity with ACR accreditation procedures would be valuable (not exclusionary). Monitors and maintains adequate inventory of dept supplies. We perform general nuclear medicine & PET/CT exams. We do not perform nuclear cardiology exam (aka: nuclear stress tests). Working: Monday-Friday. Depending on department, shift can be 6:30a-15:00p or 7:30a-16:00p.Main location will be Banner Imaging East Mesa (6424 E. Broadway Rd, Suite 101). Could rotate through our Banner Imaging Chandler (1076 W. Chandler Blvd Suite 120) or Banner Imaging Tempe (1840 E. Warner Rd Suite 114) departments at most every 3 weeks. Currently have 2 other FT techs.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Medical imaging plays a pivotal role in the delivery of excellent patient care at Banner Health. From detection and diagnosis to the treatment of illnesses and abnormalities, Banner Health's varied medical imaging and radiology services help physicians establish and execute individualized treatment plans. Medical Imaging professionals also enjoy access to: - State-of-the art technology - The latest in Picture Archival Communication System (PACS) technology - Relocation assistance - Tuition reimbursement - Continuing education programs - Career growth and promotion opportunities - Travel medical imaging technologist positions.
POSITION SUMMARY This position performs prescribed procedures as directed by following department/facility policies, procedures and protocols. This position ensures optimal care/treatment to patient population.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Performs nuclear medicine procedures by following and verifying referring providers' orders. Uses independent judgment and applies learned methodologies according to established policy and procedures.
2. Educates patients/families regarding procedure and/or treatment to be performed. Demonstrates professional behavior/conduct in all interactions; fosters teamwork, efficient use of resources and quality patient outcomes.
3. Produces high quality images and prepares/presents them with other pertinent patient information for timely interpretation. Prepares and maintains accurate documentation.
4. Demonstrates competence in performing prescribed invasive/interventional procedures if applicable in accordance with established policies. Demonstrates competence in the administration of radiopharmaceuticals and other approved medications.
5. Performs and evaluates equipment quality control measurements. Demonstrates the ability to trouble shoot and notifies appropriate personnel to maintain equipment performance. Maintains a safe environment for patients, personnel, and visitors. Adheres to safety policies. Ensures the safe receipt, administration, storage, and disposal of radioactive materials utilizing ALARA principles.
6. Accountable for the ethical, legal, and professional responsibilities related to radiology practice. This includes maintaining confidentiality of all work information.
7. Assures the efficient operation of workflow of the department. Monitors and maintains an adequate inventory of supplies and material to ensure non-interruption of services.
8. Independently performs prescribed procedures in accordance with department/facility policies, procedures and protocols to patients. Internal customers: All levels of medical imaging and nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: regulatory and health agencies, patients and family members.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Certificate or diploma from an approved/accredited Radiologic/Nuclear Medicine Technology program.
Requires national certification from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists Nuclear Board and/or Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board or equivalent and licensure by the state regulatory agency if applicable. Advance certification by accrediting body in specialty required within 18 months of hire if applicable. BLS certification required.
This position requires clinical knowledge typically achieved with 2 years of experience. Must demonstrate effective communication skills, human relations skills, analyze data and solve problems.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R10996
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.