Find your path in health care. Banner Health is committed to not only providing the finest care possible, but to advancing the way care is provided. To achieve our vision, we seek out professionals who embrace change and who possess the passion and skills to make it happen. Apply today.
If you are looking for a unique and expanding department to work in the Cardiovascular Cath Lab at Banner Desert Medical Center will be that department. Our lab has the unique distinction of providing cardiac care to both adult and pediatric populations. Along with our pediatric population, we are a full service cardiovascular lab providing minimally invasive care for coronary, peripheral, electrophysiology and structural heart patients. We are a dynamic and fast paced environment so if you are looking for a new and exciting career, Banner Desert Medical Center's Cardiac Cath Lab is the place for you.
The Electrophysiology Specialist is an integral part of the Cath Lab team and is responsible for many duties, including medical imaging responsibilities, scrubbing, circulating and monitoring during the procedure. The Electrophysiology Specialist is an active partner with the physician during the case and is essential to the procedure.
Day Shift 36 hours per week,no call or weekends.
$10,000.00 Sign-on Bonus offered to candidates with 12 months EP experience with a 24 month commitment.
Located on an 80-acre campus in Mesa, Arizona, Banner Desert Medical Center is one of Arizona's largest and most comprehensive hospitals and is recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of Phoenix's Best Hospitals. We provide an abundance of exceptional opportunities with more than 600 licensed beds, including over 100 dedicated to children. Areas of excellence include high-risk pregnancy and neonatal care, obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics, cardiology, oncology and emergency medicine. With 21 operating rooms, we offer a full range of surgical specialties and advanced technology that includes the daVincir Surgical System. About Banner Cardon Children's Medical Center If you desire to provide the best care possible to the most vulnerable patients, come to Cardon Children's Medical Center in Mesa, Ariz. Within our 248-bed, state-of-the-art facility, specially trained nurses, physicians and other clinical professionals utilize the most advanced technology - including iCare ICU monitoring and robotic surgery - to provide high quality, child-friendly, family-centered care. Our facilities feature a recently expanded 104-bed NICU, a 24-bed PICU, six pediatric ORs and a 26-bed ED. We also offer dedicated pediatric rehab, radiology, oncology and hematology capabilities. With clinical diversity, exceptional training programs and a supportive culture, this is a place where you can grow in your career as you help our very special patients.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for assisting the physician in performance of invasive electrophysiology procedures, maintaining all EP Lab equipment, administering direct/indirect care to patients undergoing invasive electrophysiology procedures; provide on-going staff and patient education on specific electrophysiology terminology and concepts.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Performs educational assessments with staff and provides educational experiences/materials that will facilitate on-going learning about detailed and specific EP concepts and procedures.
2. Educates patients/families regarding procedure and/or treatment to be performed. Demonstrates professional behavior/conduct in all interactions; fosters teamwork, efficient use of resources and quality patient outcomes.
3. Demonstrates competence in performing prescribed EP invasive/interventional procedures if applicable in accordance with established policies including scrub, circulates and monitoring of patient condition during procedure (based on type of discipline). Works with and demonstrates competency with all forms of EP equipment including, but not limited to electrophysiologic stimulator/recorder, various ablation systems, and all 3-D mapping hardware/software.
4. Performs and evaluates equipment quality control measurements. Demonstrates the ability to trouble shoot and notifies appropriate personnel to maintain equipment performance. Maintains a safe environment for patients, personnel, and visitors.
5. Accountable for the ethical, legal, and professional responsibilities related to radiology practice. This includes maintaining confidentiality of all work information.
6. Assures the efficient operation of workflow of the department. Monitors and maintains an adequate inventory of supplies and material to ensure non-interruption of services. Maintains electrophysiology equipment
7. Independently performs prescribed electrophysiologic procedures in accordance with department/facility policies, procedures and protocols to patients. Internal customers: All levels of medical imaging and nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: regulatory and health agencies, patients and family members.
Current license/certification in professions in the State of Arizona (if applicable). ACLS and BCLS certification.
Minimum of two years of recent EP Lab experience required. Qualifying credentials and experience may be any of the following: Registered Nurse - certification as a Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS) or Registered Cardiovascular Electrophysiology Specialist (RCES) including recent EP lab experience; Cardiovascular Technologist-certification as an RCIS or RCES - experience in EP lab; Registered Radiologic Special Procedure Technologist - certification as an RCES or RCIS with experience in Electrophysiology Lab.
Requires experience with and knowledge of advanced EP clinical practice skills, strong technical skills with desire to learn both the clinical and technical applications of devices and equipment used in the EP Lab. Knowledge of the current trends and techniques used in the cardiovascular field and participation in continuing education programs is desired. Knowledge of electrocardiography, coronary heart disease, cardiac anatomy and physiology preferred with EKG interpretation mandatory. Requires tact, discretion, diplomacy and ability to work effectively with others. Effective written and oral communication skills; able to work under stressful conditions and frequent interruptions, sound judgment, and ability to react well in emergencies.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R252
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.