Banner Staffing Services (BSS) offers Registry/Per Diem opportunities within Banner Health. Registry/Per Diem positions are utilized as needed within our facilities. These positions are great way to start your career with Banner Health. As a BSS team member, you are eligible to apply (at any time) as an internal applicant to any regular opportunities within Banner Health.
As a valued and respected Banner Health team member, you will enjoy:
Flexible Schedules (select positions)
Fewer Shifts Cancelled
403(b) Pre-tax retirement
Employee Assistance Program
Employee wellness program
Discount Entertainment tickets
Auto Purchase Plan
Registry/Per Diem positions do not have guaranteed hours and no medical benefits package is offered. Completion of post-offer Occupational Health physical assessment, drug screen and background check (includes; employment, criminal and education) is required.
A rewarding career that fits your life. Banner Staffing Services offers a world of opportunities to make an impact on one of the country's leading health systems. If you're looking to leverage your abilities - you belong at Banner Staffing Services.
POSITION SUMMARY This position independently provides and maintains peripheral and central venous access. This position conducts patient assessments and provides recommendations regarding care, serves as a resource person and specialist and provides assistance with departmental activities, quality improvement and development of best practice guidelines.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Reviews labs, patient history and physician orders to determine appropriate line to be utilized for the procedure and/or identify potential issues that may arise or preclude the patient from being a viable candidate or require alternate form of vascular access. Collaborates with physicians to determine appropriate long-term access needs. Obtains patient's authorization to perform the procedure. Inserts peripheral venous and/or arterial catheters to provide access or more complex vascular access as indicated.
2. Inserts and maintains peripherally inserted central catheter (PICC) lines according to department policy and procedures to include dressing changes, line reviews and declotting. Utilizes ultrasound technology to ensure accurate insertion of the PICC line. Reviews chest x-rays to ensure accurate placement of the central venous catheter or device. Maintains sterile field throughout the insertion process to ensure quality outcomes. Maintains accurate, timely and appropriate documentation.
3. Inserts and maintains all central lines (simple and complex) in the neck and chest according to department policy and procedures to include dressing changes, line reviews, port access and declotting. Utilizes ultrasound technology, advanced knowledge of anatomy and specialized insertion techniques to ensure accurate and appropriate insertion of the central line. Reviews chest x-rays to ensure accurate placement of the central venous catheter or device. Maintains sterile field throughout the insertion process to ensure quality outcomes. Maintains accurate, timely and appropriate documentation.
4. Participates in ongoing monitoring of quality initiatives, department database, appropriateness and effectiveness of bundle compliance, acts as a change agent and participates in the development, interpretation, implementation and evaluation of quality goals/objective and quality management activities within the clinical service lines. May coordinate oversight of quality and safety standards, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards.
5. Acts as a resource to therapists and other healthcare practitioners regarding patient status, equipment and operational issues. Participates in interdisciplinary rounding, making recommendations for changes in therapy dictated by the patient's condition.
6. Provides training, orientation and patient education to staff, patients and families, in accordance with policy and practice guidelines. Assists in the development of departmental policies and procedures based on best practice.
7. Assures the efficient operation of workflow of the department. Monitors and maintains an adequate inventory of supplies and material to ensure non-interruption of services. Provides maintenance of associated equipment as demonstrated through observation and documentation.
8. May, on occasion, provide respiratory therapy services as prescribed and in accordance with established department/hospital policies and procedures, including inserting and maintaining arterial lines, assisting in FDPAC and IAPB insertion and associated invasive cardiac outputs/profile and non-invasive cardiac outputs. Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
9. This position independently provides central and peripheral vascular access, and advanced clinical monitoring techniques to a diverse patient population. Serves as a resource person and may provide direction to staff. Internal customers: All levels of nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: Physicians and their office staff, payers, community agencies and regulatory agencies.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The core functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
Associate or technical degree. Successful completion of a training course in PICC and Banner Health Sims Lab training for CVC insertions.
Proof of good standing with the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT). A current license in state practiced as required by state law. Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required.
In-depth knowledge of clinical techniques, applications and equipment as typically obtained through 4 years of clinical experience as a RRT, including 1 year of independent PICC or CVC line insertions.
Must possess highly effective human relation skills necessary to interface with patients, families, staff and other healthcare personnel.
CPUI and VA-BC certifications preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R22804
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.