Innovation and highly trained staff. Our Non-Invasive team members play a critical role in ensuring the best care for our patients. Join a nationally recognized leader that values excellence and begin making a difference in people's lives.
The Cardiac Cath & EP Lab at Banner Heart Hospital provides diagnostic and interventional Cardiac and Electrophysiology procedures to the adult patient population. With 5 Cardiac Cath rooms and 3 Electrophysiology rooms, we are a full-service cardiovascular lab providing minimally invasive care for coronary, peripheral, electrophysiology and structural heart patients. We are a dynamic and fast paced environment so if you are looking for a and exciting career to continue your Electrophysiology experience you will want to apply for this job.
As a Special Procedure Technologist, you will have the opportunity to be a part of a team that performs 11,000 procedures a year serving approximately 5,900 patients. The technologist is an integral part of the Cath lab team and is responsible for many duties, including medical imaging responsibilities, scrubbing, circulating and monitoring during the procedure. The special procedure technologist is an active partner with the physician during the case and is essential to the procedure.
The hours for this position are 6:30am - 7pm 3, 12/hour shifts with on call duties. Weekend rotations are required in this role. Enjoy a flat rate $3/hour weekend shift differential and an 18%-night shift differential when applicable.
$10,000.00 Sign-on Bonus offered to Special Procedure Technologist candidates with 12 months EP experience with a 24 month commitment .
Located next to Banner Baywood Medical Center in east Mesa, Arizona, Banner Heart Hospital specializes in providing the most advanced cardiovascular care in an environment of clinical excellence, compassion and healing. With 111 beds, we are one of the largest freestanding heart hospitals in the nation. We have also been named one of the nation's 100 Top Hospitalsr for cardiovascular care by Thomson-Reuters. Our facilities include 28 cardiovascular intensive care beds, 67 telemetry beds, a 16-bed interventional stay unit, two endovascular suites, six OR suites, six cardiac cath labs, two electrophysiology labs and a non-invasive cardiology unit.
POSITION SUMMARY This position performs prescribed specialized radiographic procedures as directed by following department/facility policies, procedures and protocols. This position ensures optimal care/treatment to patient population.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Performs radiographic diagnostic/interventional special procedures by following and verifying referring providers' orders. Uses independent judgment and applies learned methodologies according to established policy and procedures.
2. Educates patients/families regarding procedure and/or treatment to be performed. Demonstrates professional behavior/conduct in all interactions; fosters teamwork, efficient use of resources and quality patient outcomes.
3. Produces high quality images and prepares/presents them with other pertinent patient information for timely interpretation. Prepares and maintains accurate documentation.
4. Demonstrates competence in performing prescribed invasive/interventional procedures if applicable in accordance with established policies. Demonstrates competence in the administration of radiopharmaceuticals and other approved medications.
5. Performs and evaluates equipment quality control measurements. Demonstrates the ability to trouble shoot and notifies appropriate personnel to maintain equipment performance. Maintains a safe environment for patients, personnel, and visitors. Adheres to radiation safety policies.
6. Accountable for the ethical, legal, and professional responsibilities related to radiology practice. This includes maintaining confidentiality of all work information.
7. Assures the efficient operation of workflow of the department. Monitors and maintains an adequate inventory of supplies and material to ensure non-interruption of services.
8. Independently performs prescribed radiographic procedures in accordance with department/facility policies, procedures and protocols to patients. Internal customers: All levels of medical imaging and nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: regulatory and health agencies, patients and family members.
Certificate or diploma from an approved/accredited Radiologic Technology program.
Requires national certification American Registry of Radiologic Technologists and licensure by state regulatory agency if applicable. Advance certification by accrediting body in specialty required if applicable within 18 months of hire (and/or equivalent clinical experience for Cath Lab only). BLS certification.
This position requires clinical knowledge typically achieved with 2 years of experience. Must demonstrate effective communication skills, human relations skills, analyze data and solve problems.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R23446
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.