Good health care is key to a good life. At Banner Health, we understand that, and that's why we work hard every day to make a difference in people's lives. Do you like the idea of making a positive change in people's lives - and your own? If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Become part of a premier surgical team, in an academic learning environment and a team embracing experience! Our Operating Room (OR) consists of 6 surgical suites where we provide services for a wide range of adult procedures which include but are not limited to: Orthopedics; Sports Medicine, general surgery, urology, plastics, colorectal, hand, GYN, and ENT procedures. WE are proud to utilize Epic as our EMR and are looking for individuals who are motivated to become part of a growing surgical department. We may be small, but we are proud and dedicated to our patient population as we stand tall and provide the highest of quality care.
Full time day shift Monday-Friday 8:30am-4:30p, with holiday and call requirements. Enjoy a flat rate $1/hour weekend shift differential and an 18%-night shift differential when applicable.
University Medical Center South Banner - University Medical Center South is a comprehensive medical center that includes an Emergency department, a state-designated trauma center and a Behavioral Health Pavilion. We are an Arizona Department of Health Services-accredited Cardiac Receiving Center and a Nurses Improving Care for Healthsystem Elders-designated senior-friendly hospital. The hospital is staffed by physicians who are full-time faculty of the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Tucson and is managed by Banner Health under an operating agreement with Pima County. Our specialty services include inpatient and outpatient behavioral health, treatment and education for diabetes, innovative geriatrics care and comprehensive orthopedics.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides support to the surgical team by providing basic patient care and assistance as directed. Promotes patient safety by assuring safe functioning of OR specialty equipment during procedures and ensuring appropriate supplies are available.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Serves as a resource person in designated surgical specialty to ensure coordination of necessary instruments and equipment.
2. Maintains unit equipment. This includes, but is not limited to: setting up; cleaning; performing basic troubleshooting of equipment; performing safety checks on equipment and specialty carts as directed, calibrates and replaces soda lime. Monitors equipment for malfunctions, performs light maintenance or arranges for repairs. May complete room setup, assemble equipment, and maintain anesthesia specialty carts.
3. Tracks and monitors availability of equipment and instruments for procedures in collaboration with the members of the OR Team.
4. Maintains adequate inventory of anesthesia and surgical supplies both in the OR and anesthesia work areas.
5. Assists with pulling supplies for cases, rotating inventory, and monitoring expiration dates.
6. Under the direction of the RN circulator, assists with basic patient care as requested. Practices aseptic technique per competency.
7. Performs functional tasks and utilizes equipment as delegated by a licensed professional. This may require additional specialized training provided by the department, consistent with demonstrated competency.
8. Assists with transporting patients, including pre-operative and immediate post-operative patients to critical care unit. Participates in OR room turnover.
9. Responsibilities are typically within the department but may require assisting in other areas which administer anesthesia. Incumbents must be able to think critically and make quick decisions in a fast-paced, stressful environment. Internal customers are patients, surgeons, anesthesiologists, RNs and other members of the multiple-disciplinary OR team.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Current BLS certification.
An understanding of inventory management tasks and the ability to work effectively with a computer based inventory management system.
Requires strong communication (written and verbal) skills, time management, problem solving ability, customer service and organizational skills.
Previous experience working with specialty instruments and equipment is strongly preferred. Knowledge of patient related supplies, materials, and aseptic techniques are preferred. Previous experience in an acute care setting, preferably surgical services or specialty procedure area.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R25976
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.