The future is full of possibilities. At Banner Health, we're excited about what the future holds for health care. That's why we're changing the industry to make the experience the best it can be. If you're ready to change lives, we want to hear from you.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Banner Health Network (BHN) is an accountable care organization that joins Arizona's largest health care provider, Banner Health, and an extensive network of primary care and specialty physicians to provide the most comprehensive healthcare solutions for Maricopa County and parts of Pinal County. Through BHN, known nationally as an innovative leader in new health care models, insurance plans and physicians are coming together to work collaboratively to keep members in optimal health, while reducing costs.
POSITION SUMMARY The primary purpose of this position, under the direction of the Claims Systems Manager, is to validate provider contracts and ensure that Claims payments support the contract term. In addition, the incumbent will provide support to the Health Plans Claims Department through complex operational and systems analysis.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Audits Contracts entered into the claims system to ensure that Claims are paying per the Contract Terms; Analyzes Claims Data to identify front end solutions to rectify ongoing issues. Explains the underlying drivers of the claims resubmission data to identify trends.
2. Identifies process improvement needs and actively participate in system/claim projects based upon data analysis performed. Reviews reports and data analysis to support the Claims Department decision-making.
3. Translates provider disputes and refund data reporting requirements into data logic to create mapping documents to support the successful submission of IT system intake documents to build claim system logic to support contract requirements Provides data support for Claims review, Provider Data Management Grievance & Appeals review, Provider Relations, PEC, Finance and Contracting.
4. Provides reporting support for leadership or their designees. Collaborates with appropriate departments responsible for contract implementation and oversight/maintenance to assist with system configuration and reporting. Collaborates with relevant personnel to design and develop reports detailing compliance with regulatory requirements using new and/or existing software systems. Facilitates cross-functional teams and/or leads projects to implement system or policy changes, determine policies and manage process improvement and redesign.
5. Provides recommendations for system modifications to meet and or exceed legislative requirements. Monitors and evaluates opportunities for technical innovations and enhancements for the Claims Department.
6. Collaborates with Health Plan Trainer or designees to develop and write policies relevant to data analytics and data deliverable compliance requirements for Claims. Supports all affected departments by providing training and education as required to ensure claim system setup is compliant with health plan and CMS requirements.
7. This position works under supervision, prioritizing data from multiple sources to provide quality care and support. Incumbents work in a fast-paced, sometimes stressful environment with a strong focus on customer service. Interacts with staff at all levels throughout the organization.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
Knowledge, skills and abilities as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of work experience and/or education in health care administration/management and/or finance administration or related field.
Four to five years of related experience required. Requires a high level of skill in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, database/report writing software, and understanding complex contracts and managed care information systems.
Requires personal skills and abilities include the ability to adapt to changes, work independently and as a member of a work group, communicate effectively, maintain accuracy, meet deadlines, work in a fast paced environment, proactively analyze and solve problems, ensure accuracy in all tasks, pay close attention to detail, prioritize multiple tasks and remain organized.
Preferred skills include an understanding of medical billing, coding, claims payment processes, and reimbursement management, as well as experience in IDX and/or Oracle SQL, impact claim system, share point, and other applications as deemed necessary for line of business
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R25206
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.