Good health care is key to a good life. At Banner Health, we understand that, and that's why we work hard every day to make a difference in people's lives. Do you like the idea of making a positive change in people's lives - and your own? If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Fallon is surrounded by wide-open spaces, internationally known wetlands, historic Pony Express trails, state parks, hiking opportunities, and places to go off-road. Play outdoors for a while then come back into town for some indoor, Nevada-style fun, great dinner, and entertainment.
As an Occupational Therapist at Banner Churchill Medical Center, you will help provide care to our Acute and Outpatient patients in a hospital setting for all age groups. This is a per diem position, with no guarantee of shift or hours, helping to provide coverage as needed for the department. The per diem shifts will fall Monday through Friday between 8:00 am- 5:00 pm. This is a per diem opportunity that will work on-call as determined by department needs. Per diem positions are a great way to market your skills within Banner Health. You will be eligible to apply to regular full-time or part-time opportunities as an internal applicant. In addition, you will enjoy excellent compensation, shift differentials, paid orientation, 401K, employee wellness program and employee discounts. If you're looking to utilize your skillset and be part of a great team, this role is for you - apply today!
Located in Fallon, Nev., Banner Churchill Community Hospital is a 25-bed licensed hospital offering the most comprehensive array of medical services in rural northern Nevada. We provide comprehensive and emergency care, including an ambulance service that covers more than 5,900 square miles. This makes us one of only two hospital-operated paramedic/EMT/EMS providers in northern Nevada. Our location in Fallon - a short drive from both Reno and Lake Tahoe - offers a wealth of lifestyle advantages, including rustic, rural charm, along with a recreational wonderland of outdoor sports, such as boating, fishing, hiking, biking, skiing, hunting, horseback riding and off-roading.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for the evaluation, planning, administration and supervision of Occupational Therapy treatment in accordance with physician referral, state and local organizational standards, regulatory agencies, and established departmental policies and procedures. This position demonstrates the clinical competence and knowledge necessary to provide treatment appropriate to the age of the patients served.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Evaluates patient's functional abilities and limitations. Determines if intervention is needed. Establishes a plan of care and treatment goals.. Completes comprehensive evaluation within the established time frame set by the department. Identifies and prioritizes key limiting factors. Establishes treatment goals that are functional, measurable, patient related and reflect the key limiting factors. Collaborates with patient and family/caregiver when setting goal Initiates discharge planning. Recommends additions to or modifications of referring orders.
2. Implements individualized treatment plan with consideration to the patient's physical, social, spiritual, cultural, educational and age specific needs. Provides skilled treatment in a safe manner.. Assesses ongoing effectiveness of treatment and modifies plan of care as indicated. Involves patient and family/caregiver in the treatment and decision making process. Provides ongoing education to physician, nurse, patient, family/caregiver, and interdisciplinary team.
3. Documents according to standards set by the department and regulatory agencies. Documents legibly. Completes documentation within the established time frames of the department. Documents innovative and individualized treatment techniques/plan. Documentation reflects comprehensive assessment of patient's progress or lack of progress. Treatment goals are reassessed according to department policies
4. Communicates pertinent patient information to ensure the best possible follow through of care. Communicates evaluation/treatment results and patient progress to physicians, nurses, patient, family/caregiver, co-workers and the interdisciplinary team. Communicates in a clear and timely manner. Accepts responsibility to contact physicians for routine or difficult problem solving to ensure optimal patient outcome. Defends treatment rationale with standard practices and/or current literature
5. Exhibits adaptability in assignments as it relates to caseload, scheduling, and staffing shifts. Takes initiative to assist in other patient care areas and accepts responsibility for all patient care needs.
6. Demonstrates appropriate direction and delegation of personnel to achieve safe delivery of quality cost effective patient care. direction and delegation of the COTA, Therapy Technician and student complies with department policies and regulatory agencies. Participates in the training and orientation of new personnel. Assures competency of personnel, prior to delegation of task.
7. Department operational activities. Participates in department/facility process improvements. Meets productivity standards set by the department.
8.This position has responsibility for interacting with all levels of staff in a variety of departments, physicians, patients, families, and external contacts such as employees of other health care institutions, community providers and agencies concerning the health care of the patient. Also interacts with the physician offices in order to report, requires or clarify information
Must have successfully completed the academic requirements of an educational program in occupational therapy approved by the appropriate governing board. Must possess a current Occupational Therapy license from the State of practice.
Current license from state of practice. BLS certification required.
Relates throughout the interview process their clinical competency, experience, training and education they have received that is required to perform the job. Demonstrates through behaviors and answers to job related experiential questions. Employees working for Banner Home Care/Hospice and Boswell Skilled Nursing Facility must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Must have the ability to become proficient with computer software applications commonly used in an automated patient care environment.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R25404
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.