Great careers start with great training. The people of Banner Health are focused on delivering excellent care to our patients. In return, we are committed to excellence in personal development for all our team members. Apply today.
Banner Health operates a network of urgent care centers across Arizona and Colorado with close to three dozen clinics and more opening each year, primarily in Phoenix, Tucson and Colorado. Banner recently added an online feature that increases the comfort and convenience for patients receiving care at our Banner Urgent Care facilities, it will "save their in line" avoiding sitting time in the waiting room.
As a Front Office Representative , you are the first point of contact as patients and visitors approach the front desk. You'll work collectively with a dedicated group of healthcare professionals to ensure patients have a positive experience. You have the opportunity to build great rapport with employees as you travel throughout the Banner Urgent Care facilities in Zone 6 . A career with Banner is great if you are just starting out, or have many years' experience. Our urgent care schedules give you a great work life balance; working; 3-13hr shifts, 8am-9pm with rotating weekends.
Alma School & Queen Creek
Gilbert & Queen Creek
Gary & Empire
Higley & Ray
Higley & Queen Creek
Ironwood & Ocotillo
Pecos & Higley
Discover the difference at Banner Urgent Care. With hours from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m., you'll help care for patients in need of immediate medical attention. A sprained ankle from a basketball game. A nagging cough that won't go away. Whatever they're looking to treat, Banner Urgent Care is ready to help. With minimal wait times, affordable service and ultimate flexibility, Banner Urgent Care is a smart, sensible choice for patients and another great employment option at Banner Health.
POSITION SUMMARY This position serves as the first point of contact between patients and the facility. Coordinates and guides patient visit from check-in to check-out. Performs various functions including, scheduling, insurance verification, collecting co-pays, and gathering patient demographic information. Answers and routes phone calls and completes daily paperwork and necessary reports.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Receives all incoming calls from both internal and external lines. Documents messages and routes to appropriate clinical staff. Transfers calls as necessary. Ensures documentation in medical record is complete including lab and test results. Assists in facilitating requests for patient medical records.
2. Receives patient in applicable systems, confirms patient demographics and insurance information and performs insurance verification when required. May be required to calculate and collect copays, deductibles, and self-pay. Totals charges on patient's super-bill at check-out. Coordinates transportation to care centers and residential homes as requested by patients or physicians.
3. Schedules, re-schedules patient's office appointments, follow-up appointments, diagnostic tests, surgeries and may provide patient with preparation instructions for exams, tests, or surgeries when required. Confirms patient appointments for the following day. May prepare patient referrals to specialty care.
4. Prints physician schedules, superbills, labels and other applicable forms in preparation for next business day. Pulls and files patient charts and prepares new patient charts as needed. Prints and files transcription notes. Provides administrative support for Physicians as needed.
5. Reconciles charge tickets to each day's schedule, identifies incomplete tickets, missing charge codes or missing diagnosis and notifies clinical staff. Forwards completed tickets and/or billing package to the business office or billing company.
6. Escorts patients back to the patient exam rooms, takes vitals and patient history, may assist with patient treatment, if required by the assigned facility.
7. Expected to perform daily work duties with minimal supervision based on training and policies provided. Additional guidance available as needed for new or unusual tasks. Required to resolve minor patient grievances. Required to have working knowledge of referral and authorization processes. Must navigate a variety of separate computer programs at any given time and handle multiple demands on time. Internal customers include all patients, staff and clinic providers. External customers include non-clinic providers and facilities.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Requires a demonstrated ability to multi-task between heavy phone volume, multiple computer systems and frequent interruptions. Must have the ability to handle ongoing face-to-face contact with patients and staff while functioning in a busy medical office environment.
Must be able to type a minimum of 30 wpm and perform data entry.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Six months experience working in a medical office and/or hospital setting preferred. Working knowledge of medical terminology is preferred. Previous experience working with electronic medical records and insurance is preferred. Bi-lingual in Spanish is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.