Surgery Equipment Technician III AdventHealth Tampa
Location Address:3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Tampa
Florida Hospital Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
Full Time Nights 40 Hours Per Week. M-F.
You Will Be Responsible For:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· The Surgery Equipment Technician III will support the Operating Room Associates with troubleshooting surgical equipment.
· The Surgery Equipment Technician III will participate in departmental QI projects including, but not limited to, laser logs and reviews.
· The Surgery Equipment Technician III will provide education related to surgical equipment and lasers.
· The Surgery Equipment Technician III will ensure that all equipment needs are met for each surgical case and make all attempts to have equipment ready for each case in an effort to increase departmental efficiency.
· The Surgical Equipment Technician III will communicate equipment needs and safety concerns with leadership and coordinators
· The Surgery Equipment Technician III maintains unit supply and equipment inventories as indicated.
· The Surgery Equipment Technician III assists with the assembly of operating room equipment
· The Surgery Equipment Technician III assists with patient positioning and lifting
· The Surgery Equipment Technician III cleans surgical areas and equipment using established cleaning processes within required timeframes.
· The Surgery Equipment Technician III assists in the removal of splints, casts, and other rigid dressings.
· The Surgery Equipment Technician III assists with delivery of surgical specimens to the laboratory.
· The Surgery Equipment Technician III obtains and delivers items essential for patient care as directed.
· The Surgery Equipment Technician III adheres to standards of universal precautions.
· The Surgery Equipment Technician III assists operating room staff personnel in the smooth transition between surgical cases.
· The Surgery Equipment Technician III will coordinate with courier for equipment pick up and drop off.
· The Surgery Equipment Technician III Maintain documentation on new equipment, inspections, and equipment repairs and failures.
· The Surgery Equipment Technician III Provide technical assistance and instruction to personnel regarding equipment operation and maintenance.
· The Surgery Equipment Technician III May assist with in-service educational programs on use of equipment.
· The Surgery Equipment Technician III Repair Patient Monitors, Laryngoscopes, Surgical Tables, and install Central Patient Monitoring Stations. Investigate failed medical equipment per 21 CFR FDA requirement. (Must have a Associates of Arts in Engineering Science).
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Powered and non-powered Perioperative equipment and instruments including surgical beds and stretchers, positioning devices and hazardous waste/contaminated supplies and equipment handling
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· EVS or industrial cleaning experience
· Management and Preventive Maintenance, Stryker beds, Braun Infusion IV Pumps
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Three or more years of experience troubleshooting and maintaining technical equipment
· Clinical experience in a hospital surgical setting is preferred
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Associates degree or graduate of a technical school
· Associates of Arts in Engineering Science
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· BLS obtained through the American Heart Association.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
· No supervisory responsibilities are required. Works under the supervision of the licensed nurse and is part of the Perioperative team.
LIVING OUR SERVICE STANDARDS
How we treat those we serve and each other is what sets us apart from other healthcare organizations. We want everyone who walks through our doors to feel loved, cared for, and at ease. Whether you are clinical or non-clinical, your actions and behaviors can create an environment that either builds trust or causes anxiety and fear. We have made it easy for you to ensure that you are always building trust and providing excellent care by exhibiting our Service Standards.
All team members will be held accountable forconsistently living out our 16 Service Standards and the additional behaviors listed below to ensure that every person, every time has an exceptional experience.
KEEP ME SAFE
I make safety my number one priority.
I protect privacy and confidentiality.
I keep my environment clean.
I follow the dress code and wear my badge correctly.
I treat others with uncommon compassion.
I nurture whole-person care through CREATION Health.
I treat others with fairness and respect.
I listen and communicate using iCARE. (Introduce, Connect, Anticipate, Reinforce, Extend)
MAKE IT EASY
I help guests to their destination.
I speak highly of others to provide connected care.
I collaborate to create solutions, not excuses.
I innovate and continually seek ways to improve our work.
I am positive and aim to exceed all expectations.
I follow through on commitments.
I use discretion with personal devices.
I recover service and restore trust using ACT. (Acknowledge/Apologize, Correct, Thank)
Team members must conform to all AdventHealth organizational and departmental policies and procedures including but not limited to:
· Code of Conduct as outlined in the “Guidelines for Employees” handbook
Establishes and maintains a history of regular attendance; makes appropriate use of PDO and observes department call-in procedures for absence; establishes and maintains punctual work habits. Exhibits timely arrival and departure and dependable time habits including meal and other breaks.
Attends and participates in mandatory facility-wide and department training/meetings as required (including but not limited to: ALN, safety training, etc.). Is able to demonstrate and apply knowledge of fire, safety, security, and disaster procedure regulations as presented in orientation, outlined in the safety manual, and as pertains to each work area.
Required to respond to emergency situations (i.e. disasters, hurricanes, etc.) by reporting to department and staying until the crisis is over or your position is covered by incoming personnel. This is a mandatory requirement. Refusal to respond may result in termination.
Contributes to the successful achievement of department-stated goals and objectives and will facilitate staff cohesiveness and communication.
This position description reflects the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The responsibilities listed may be subject to change at any time and individuals may be asked to perform duties outside of their regular responsibilities to support the ongoing operations of AdventHealth and its facilities.
As a member of the Surgery team, the Surgery Equipment Technician performs duties in partnership with BioMed to ensure timely PMs on all surgical equipment. Primary duties include troubleshooting of clinical, medical, electronic and microprocessor-controlled equipment. Maintains safety standards in all work activities. Provides team support to meet departmental objectives and goals. Complies with regulatory agency standards in performance of all job duties. Participates in Quality Improvement Program. Maintains up-to-date records on equipment, as appropriate. Communicates with leadership and team members regarding work and equipment status.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.