Driving distance to Gainesville, St. Augustine, Orlando, Tampa, Sarasota
Part of the community since 1898, providing healthcare to Marion County for over 120 years
Florida Hospital Ocala offers a broad spectrum of services, with programs that are nationally recognized and accredited
Spectacular springs throughout the county
You Will Be Responsible For:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Demonstrates, through behavior, AdventHealth’s core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork
· Proactively manage a portfolio of major and planned gift donors and prospects with the capacity and interest to make meaningful financial investments in the mission through a variety of campaigns and initiatives
· Develop former patient constituencies through engagement of physician and clinician partners and through direct partnerships with patients and their family members
· Foster the involvement and investment of corporate, foundation and other grant-making partners
· Utilize prospect research, analytics and other business intelligence to focus or optimize engagement
· Facilitate the active engagement of the Foundation Board and its affiliated committees
· Develop philanthropic funding plans in concert with the Regional VP for Philanthropy and market-based health care organization leadership
· Assist the Foundation team in operationalizing a comprehensive development program consistent with current industry best practices and performance benchmarks
· Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high quality major gift solicitation.
· Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth’s core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program booklet.
· Identify, engage, cultivate and solicit gifts from individuals and corporations. Then recognize and continue stewardship with donors. Manage and cultivate grateful patient program for area of responsibility.
· Identify and cultivate prospects with board members, physicians, nurses, caregivers, hospital staff, Administrators and community members.
· Maintain an active computerized donor and prospect database. Prepare and submit contact reports and activity reports in a thorough and timely manner, enters information into the donor database system in a timely manner. Achieves success in maintaining a high level of activity on the score card performance indicator.
· Recruit Chairs, Committee, Board Members for philanthropic area of responsibility.
· Maintains most current knowledge and skills of fund development profession.
· Adheres to professional and ethical standards of practice. Communication, cooperation and assistance are given in a clear and courteous manner to all patients, visitors, co-workers, medical staff and volunteers. Exhibits exceptional interpersonal communication skills in both written and oral form. Adheres to policies and work rules set forth in the “Employee Guide” and the departmental policy and procedure manual, including but not limited to the areas of appearance, uniform, safety, confidentiality and smoking.
· Other Duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Must have experience in professional fund development.
· Must have the ability and desire to extend the mission of our hospital system throughout the community, which is to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
· Must be able to communicate and motivate via excellent written and verbal skills.
· Must understand the principles of donor marketing and fund development performance benchmarks.
· Must appreciate the need for consistency within AdventHealth branding and marketing mix.
· Must currently have/or are willing to build an established network of community and business relationships.
· Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality major gift solicitation. A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance. Mature, credible, and comfortable in dealing with senior managers, company executives, board members and grateful patients. Reliable, tolerant, and determined. Empathetic communicator, able to see things from the other person’s point of view. Well-presented and businesslike. Sufficiently mobile and flexible to travel within the West Florida area. Open to new experience, responsibility and accountability. Able to get along well with others and be a team-player.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials
· Knowledge of fundraising software applications such as Raiser’s Edge
· Knowledge of Wealth Screening tools such as Target Analytics
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Bachelor’s degree
· Five or more years’ experience as a Executive Director in a regional or national organization with an active major gifts program that is part of an overall development effort, or five years of successful experience in sales with a proven track record. While our focus and target donor base will be grateful patients, an in-depth knowledge of the West Florida region, corporate and civic community, or a proven successful territory development in a major market will be of value.
· A self-starter with the initiative to manage up to 200 major gift prospects and donors, and coordinate with other Foundation managers to ensure total coverage of the donor/prospect base.
· Experience in major gift with a track record of raising greater than $1,000,000 in a twelve-month period.
Experience in capital or “special campaigns” with a track record of raising $1,000,000 in a twelve-month period.
· In addition to being required to raise over $1,000,000 in a twelve-month period, The Executive Director must contribute to the team effort beneficiary annual gift expectation.
· Candidate should possess a bachelor’s Degree
· 2 to 5 Years Position-Related Experience required
· Microsoft Word and Excel, Windows, typing/word processing
· Broad experience in fund raising
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
· CFRE preferred
The Executive Director is to plan and carry out cultivation activities, to maintain and develop the donation of funds and gifts for AdventHealth programs. This will be in accordance with specified fundraising goals set forth by the AdventHealth Foundation. The Executive Director must actively participate in outstanding customer service and accept responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.