Sterile Process Supervisor Full Time Overnights 11p-7:30a Tampa
Location: Tampa, Florida
Internal Number: 21027692
Sterile Processing Supervisor AdventHealth Tampa
Location Address:3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Tampa
Florida Hospital Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
Full Time Days 40 Hours Per Week.
You Will Be Responsible For:
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Service: Patient First/Service Management/Standards of Excellence
· Supports the hospital’s service management program.
· Plans, supervises and coordinates the daily activities of each shift.
· Coordinates the requisitioning, receipt, storage and distribution of supplies, instruments and equipment.
· Demonstrates collaboration and teamwork in managing workflow in the department.
· Plans and supervises orientation and performance improvement of staff members.
Finance: Cost Reduction, Expense Management, and Effective use of Supplies.
· Promotes effective use of production supplies and identifies cost reduction strategies.
· Supervises in the management implant inventory.
· Assists the manager in administration of operational expenses.
Outcomes: Performance Improvement/Accountability
· Demonstrates consistency in verbal and written communication.
· Maintains a safe environment for customers and coworkers.
· Demonstrates personal accountability.
Growth: Personal & Professional Growth
· Demonstrates evidence of continuous professional development.
· Plans and provides for education of staff members.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Ability to function independently.
· Knowledge of basic computer skills and inventory control.
· Ability to follow and communicate written or verbal instructions accurately.
· Capable of lifting 35 lbs. independently.
· Prolonged standing.
· Interpersonal skills.
· Critical thinking skills.
· Leadership skills.
· Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· High school graduate or equivalent.
· Five years’ experience in processing and sterilization.
· Two years in a lead or supervisory capacity.
· Strong background in all areas of central supply.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Current status as a certified registered central service technician (CRCST).
· Completion of educational requirements to maintain certification.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
FACILITY SPECIFIC SECTION:
i.e. vision, values, etc.
This position description reflects the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The responsibilities listed may be subject to change at any time and individuals may be asked to perform duties outside of their regular responsibilities to support the ongoing operations of Adventist Health System and its facilities.
Plans, supervises and is responsible for each shift’s assigned workload. Ensures work is completed in a timely manner and in accordance with departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for the supervision of daily management of the implant program, and work as a backup.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.