Location Address:3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Tampa
AdventHealth Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
PRN (variable shifts including weekends and predominately used for overnights; could end up being FT hours and call is required
You Will Be Responsible For:
• Performs all exams using established protocols. Uses facility policy for proper identification of patient prior to performing exam. Educates patient concerning exam. Properly screens patients for any contrast allergies
• Completes all exams in a timely manner, keeps work flow moving, and minimizes empty table time. Follows through after completing exam with communication, transportation and discharge of OP’s
• Performs all types of imaging procedures and operates all equipment safely and properly including scanners, injectors, monitors, and medical equipment. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills to perform scans on patients on all ages, adapting protocols as necessary
• Properly screens patients of childbearing age, and operates all imaging equipment in a safe manner minimizing radiation exposure to patients, families, and co-workers. Practices infection control standards, and utilizes approved PPE and disinfectant agents. Maintains properly stocked, organized and clean room. Performs QA on CT scanners. Employee job duties may include transport of pharmaceutical waste from the point of generation to a designated secure storage area. Employee will be required to complete initial training (prior to handling pharmaceutical waste) to include proper handling and transport of pharmaceutical waste, and proper selection, use and disposal of personal protective equipment
• Reviews all images of all exams, repeating images as necessary for best possible result. If necessary notify physician of emergent findings according to established protocol
• Uses computer system for ordering, changing, and canceling exams according to protocol. Confirms order matches exam before pushing to PACS or correctly ‘fixes’ exams on workstation or PACS
• Assists with collection of data entry for all process improvement projects realizing final goals of department. Maintains a knowledge and understanding of process improvement initiatives for the department
• Actively participates in exceptional customer service and utilizes Service Recovery techniques for patients and families as needed
• May perform waived and/or non-waived Point of Care Testing. If performing non-waived Point of Care Testing, as defined by the state of the facility, must have approved competency and documented proof (copy of either diploma or transcript, at the highest level of academic achievement) at the time of the facility non-waived Point of Care training
• Maintains radiation protection standards according to (ALARA) principles
• Assists physicians in cases of adverse reaction, performance of interventional/biopsy procedures using sterile technique and in acute emergencies when necessary
• May be required to start & maintain viable intravascular access during exams requiring administration of IV contrast material
• Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department
What You Will Need:
Associate's degree or Technical degree in a related field, or combination of High School degree and related experience
Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
Completion of radiologic technology training
General radiographer state license as required by state if applicable
CT registry or CT experience
Under general supervision, primary duties include imaging both neuro and body scans on patients from neonate to geriatric, following the age specific guidelines of the facilities parameters, transmitting images for diagnostic interpretation, and keeping the hospital computer system up to date with the progress of these exams. The CT technologist actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all, while implementing the principles of the facility.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.