Location: Boise, Idaho
St. Luke's Health System in Boise is seeking a Full Time (0.9 FTE) RN to join our Vascular Access team.
VARIABLE DAYS ( THREE 12 HOUR SHIFTS, ROTATING WEEKENDS) / MINIMAL HOLIDAY CALL / NO PATIENT ASSIGNMENT
Come be a part of the vascular access team who specializes in placing bedside PICC lines, Midlines, and difficult PIVs with the use of ultrasound.
The vascular access team works with bedside nurses, physicians, case managers and other inter-departmental team members to ensure early initiation of vascular access device (VAD) selection and implementation. Vascular access nurses assess patients with difficult vasculature for PIVs, Midlines and PICC lines with the use of ultrasound technology. This team is also responsible for assisting in vascular access troubleshooting and providing appropriate education. We review medical records for possible contraindications and obtain informed consent when appropriate. The vascular access team helps to determine the best vascular access device for the patient based on current access, length of stay, diagnoses, length of IV therapy, etc.
Qualified applicants will be trained on proper insertion, maintenance, and assessment of vascular access devices. They will become proficient in safe placement of PICC lines, midlines, and PIVs under ultrasound. The expectation is that the team member will obtain their national certification for vascular access within one year of hire.
SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE!
- Identifies patient needs and determines priorities for care through assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation.
- Develops, implements and coordinates individualized plan of care for patients assigned through initial and on-going assessments.
- Initiates assessment based on the patient's problems or needs, the physician's medical diagnosis, and the functional health framework.
- Performs therapeutic nursing interventions.
- Manages care of patients.
- Documents care based on standards of care and practice, patient acuity, and/or clinical priorities
- Advocates for evidence-based practice care standards and supports adoption of evidence-based practices and innovations in care delivery.
- Provides patient centric care in alignment with professional nursing practice model.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: Nursing Degree
- RN's with less than 1 year of RN experience at the time of hire into the RN position must have graduated from an accredited nursing program (ACEN - Accreditation Commission of Education in Nursing, CCNE-Commission of Collegiate Nursing Education)
- Experience: 1 years' experience
- Licenses/Certifications: Current RN licensure from the State of Practice
***Please note - This Registered Nurse position is for nurses with 1+ years of RN experience. We currently have our "STAR Nurse Residency New Grad RN (<12 mo. Exp.)" positions open. Please search for "New Grad RN" on our careers portal to be considered for current openings.
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
Known as the "City of Trees," Boise is Idaho's capital city--both a cultural center and a playground for those who love the outdoors. A vibrant downtown area affords fine dining, theatre, music, and college and semi-professional sports. Downtown Boise's main attractions include the Idaho State Capitol, the classic Egyptian Theatre, the Boise Art Museum, Julia Davis Park and Zoo Boise. The Greenbelt follows the beautiful Boise River corridor for more than 30 miles, and the Boise foothills are home to miles of hiking and biking trails.
Learn more about what the City of Trees has to offer you:
St. Luke's Health System | Boise Convention and Visitors Bureau | Boise Parks and Recreation | Boise Museum Association | Boise Music Festival | Boise Philharmonic | Downtown Boise Restaurants | Boise Valley Economic Partnership | Hyde Park events | Treefort Music Festival | First Thursdays | Alive After Five | Capitol City Public Market | Runs and Triathlons | Shakespeare Festival | Sawtooth National Forest | Visit Idaho.org
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.