Location: Orlando, Florida
Nemours is seeking a FULL-TIME Advanced Clinical Technician (Paramedic) 7P-7A, to join our Nemours Children's Hospital team in Orlando, Florida. Click Here to take a virtual tour.
Located in Orlando, Fla., Nemours Children's Hospital is the newest addition to the Nemours integrated healthcare system. Our 100-bed pediatric hospital also features the area's only 24-hour Emergency Department designed just for kids as well as outpatient pediatric clinics including several specialties previously unavailable in the region. A hospital designed by families for families, Nemours Children's Hospital blends the healing power of nature with the latest in healthcare innovation to deliver world-class care to the children of Central Florida and beyond. In keeping with our goal of bringing Nemours care into the communities we serve, we also provide specialty outpatient care in several clinics located throughout the region
Tuition Reimbursement - up to $5,250 Annually
This position is responsible for assisting in the delivery of individual care to patients working as a team with the Registered Nurses. This position also functions in Clinical Logistics and is responsible for monitoring and facilitating patient care remotely through the use of technology and standard operation procedures.
- Ensures adequate stock and condition of all necessary equipment and supplies in designated areas at established par levels, including emergency medical equipment.
- Provides basic care, such as assisting in use of bed pan, ambulating and weighing.
- Performs routine, uncomplicated procedures including but not limited to: EKGs, application of hot/cold therapy, casting/splinting procedures, insertion of non-indwelling urinary catheters, cleaning of wounds, taking vital signs and chaperoning pelvic and rectal examinations. Establishes peripheral IV and IO access; performs phlebotomy, point of care testing and lab specimen collection procedures.
- Performs wound care, including wound closure.
- Transports patients using wheelchair, stretcher or wagon within hospital and to and from vehicles.
- Answers telephone and communicates with other disciplines and facilities, including the coordination of patient transfers from community physicians/healthcare facilities.
- Provides 1:1 observation for patients at risk of self-harm.
- Utilizes the electronic medical record as required for patient care.
- Ensures a clean and safe patient care environment.
- Remotely monitors patients related to treatment, behavioral health concerns, arrhythmias and equipment settings.
- Immediately reports any observed changes in condition or behavior of patients.
- Demonstrates excellence in meeting the needs of customer service and operates in a professional, confidential manner.
- Adheres to the Nemours Standards of Behavior.
- Embraces other duties as assigned to support the Nemours vision/mission.
- High school diploma required
- Successful completion of EMT-P course and currently licensed in the state of Florida required
- Comfortable with use of computers and technology.
- Minimum of one year of patient care experience preferred.
- American Heart Basic Life Support, ACLS, PALS required upon hire
- Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) certification and decontamination (HERT) training required within one year of hire.