Under general supervision, the Accounts Payable Processor ensures that all accounts throughout 46 states are paid accurately and timely. Assist vendors, Support Center, districts/markets, and facilities to effectively address payable inquiries. The Accounts Payable Processor will focus heavily on accurate and timely issuance of payments.
About Lifepoint Health:
Lifepoint Health is a leader in community-based care and driven by a mission of Making Communities Healthier. Our diversified healthcare delivery network spans 29 states and includes 63 community hospital campuses, 32 rehabilitation and behavioral health hospitals, and more than 170 additional sites of care across the healthcare continuum, such as acute rehabilitation units, outpatient centers and post-acute care facilities. We believe that success is achieved through talented people. We want to create places where employees want to work, with opportunities to pursue meaningful and satisfying careers that truly make a difference in communities across the country.
Essential Functions: To perform this job, an individual must perform each essential function satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Setup and run daily, weekly, and semi-monthly payment runs for ACH, credit card and check payments.
- Validate accurate processing and appropriate approval of large dollar invoices.
- Review bank exceptions for fraudulent checks from 50 bank accounts.
- Handle stop payments, and voids in SAP.
- Pull check copies on-line.
- Review and coordinate handling of special delivery checks and large dollar payments.
- Assist with review of unpaid items and outstanding checks.
- Coordinate review of payment proposals for new paying bank accounts.
- Issue on demand payments, as requested.
- Archive document images within SAP using OpenText Imaging software.
- Support AP Help hotline and e-mailbox via delivery of excellent customer service to all lines of business.
- Assist operations as needed in special projects.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Position primarily serves internal co-workers.
Access to and/or works with sensitive and/or confidential information.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
Skills and Abilities:
Skills and Abilities:
- Business Mathematical Skills -- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages and to draw and interpret graphs.
- Foundational Computer Skills -- Frequent use of electronic mail, word processing, data entry, spreadsheets, graphics, etc.
- Foundational Communication Skills -- Simple messages communicated orally. May write brief messages and keep simple records. May explain and offer guidance on routine procedures.
- Job Specific Impact -- Decisions generally affect own job or assigned functional area.
Nature of Problems
- Routine Business Problems -- Problems encountered are routine, somewhat repetitive and generally solved by following clear directions and procedures.
- Foundational Judgement -- Results are defined and existing practices are used as guidelines for how to complete work activities; works closely with supervisor/manager who provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Foundational -- Prioritize assigned and routine tasks. Handle appropriately.
Physical and Mental Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit for extended periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, bend, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Repetitive motion of upper body required for extended use of computer. Required specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment and Travel Requirements:
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
Works in well-lit, ventilated and climate controlled office environment with routine office equipment; some equipment has moving mechanical parts.
In hospital environment, may be exposed to hazards and unusual elements, which may include but are not limited to bloodborne pathogens and / or contagious illnesses, toxic chemicals, and biohazardous materials which may require extensive safety precautions and the use of protective equipment.
Noise level in the work environment is typical for an office and/or hospital environment.
Minimum overnight travel (up to 10%) by land and/or air
Competitive pay and benefits including 401k, paid time off, employee illness benefit (EIB), medical, dental, vision.
Lifepoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans' status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- 1+ years Accounts Payable, Accounting, or Finance experience and/or training