Location: Poughkeepsie, New York
Provide counseling services to patients in the inpatient and outpatient substance abuse treatment services department.
With regular supervisions can perform:
- SUD and COD Screenings: Perform screenings with all new patients to assess need for treatment.
- Intake: Complete all necessary intake documents for new patients.
- Orientation: Orient new patients to the unit and treatment program. Substance Use Disorder (SUD) assessment: Complete assessment for new patients on unit to obtain history of patient and current needs.
- SUD Diagnostic Impression: Based on assessment, write an impression that summarizes patient's history and diagnostic summary.
- LOC determined by LOCADTR: Complete and justify level of care needs based on LOCADTR guidelines.
- Treatment planning: Develop a treatment plan based on assessment findings which address all current problems and be able to write goals, objectives and methods.
- Individual and Group Counseling: Conduct individual and group sessions which address patient treatment plan goals. Family Counseling: Conduct treatment sessions with family members and other supports which address patient treatment needs regarding relationships and recovery needs.
Conduct educational sessions individually and in group to provide information to patients which educate patients about their disorder, how it impacts their functional level and information on developing skills to cope and improve their functioning.
- Case Management: Provide case management activities to help patients connect with outside agencies to meet their ongoing needs during treatment and at discharge.
- Group co-facilitator: Provide group therapy with other staff, as scheduled.
- Crisis Intervention: Respond to and intervene/deescalate any patient-related crisis occurring for patients.
Provide all needed educational sessions with patients which will assist in their recovery process.
- Referral: Provide referrals to patients for their ongoing needs and at discharge. Reporting and Recordkeeping: Documents all patient related activities in the medical record and on other required documentation on the unit.
- Care Coordination: Collaborate with other treatment providers and disciplines on the treatment team and with outside providers regarding patient care needs.
- Administrative Supervision: Provides supervision administratively for other staff, as per OASAS guidelines.
- Clinical Supervision: Provide supervision clinically for other staff, as per OASAS guidelines.
Qualifications/ Requirements:2,000 hours work experience required
High School diploma or GED required
a-- CASAC certificate or Other QHP (e.g. LMHC) for at least 3 consecutive years prior to becoming a Master Counselor required
a-- 30-hour OASAS approved Clinical Supervision Foundations I and II required
MidHudson Regional Hospital
MidHudson Regional Hospital in Poughkeepsie, NY, is home to the mid-Hudson Valley's most advanced healthcare services. This 243-bed facility cares for more than 10,000 inpatients annually while performing an additional 325,000 outpatient procedures each year. MidHudson Regional Hospital operates the area's only Level II trauma center, is home to the Redl Center for Cancer Care and Center for Robotic Surgery, and is a destination hospital for patients with serious illnesses and injuries.