Location: Wilmington, Delaware
Nemours is seeking a Surgical Practice Coordinator for our general surgery division.
- Facilitate access to surgical care. This includes scheduling of surgical cases for assigned surgeons at both Nemours and non-Nemours facilities. Maximize utilization of OR block time. Manage the surgical depot to ensure case inventory is at or below established metrics.
- Manage divisional templates to ensure ease of patient access, provider effectiveness and efficient clinic flow.
- Provide daily administrative support to assigned members of the clinical team; may include the Division Chief. Assist in the coordination and support of enterprise/departmental/divisional projects and initiative which further the clinical, educational and research missions of the Department of Surgery and its Surgical Divisions.
- Optimize divisional OR block time utilization by providing daily management of the EPIC OpTime (OR) depot.
- Promptly and accurately facilitate the scheduling of surgical procedures at Nemours/A.I. duPont Hospital for Children, Nemours Ambulatory Surgical Centers and identified partner hospitals.
- Facilitate timely surgical scheduling to achieve the dual goals of providing excellent patient care and maximum utilization of OR block time allocation. Utilizing case length, clinical acuity (as identified by a member of the care team), physician/family and OR availability, identify the optimal surgical date.
- Make outbound calls to patient families for the purpose of scheduling surgical procedures. Communicate the full breadth of relevant information to parents/guardians, including family financial responsibility. Apply Nemours Standards of Behavior.
- Update the OpTime surgical case with required information, per standard work. Manage the surgical depot to ensure case inventory is at or below established metrics.
- Enter case information on surgeons' Outlook calendars.
- Utilize Qlik reports to enhance and optimize management of the surgical depot.
- Provide daily oversight of divisional clinical schedules and EPIC templates.
- In collaboration with departmental/divisional leadership and divisional providers, develop, build, modify and maintain EPIC templates for assigned providers and specialty programs at all service sites.
- View and manage provider schedules. Complete steps within EPIC to set single day edits, unavailable times, hold times and clinic cancellations as required.
- Utilizing EPIC and Qlik reporting tools, assess template effectiveness through the lens of patient access for all appointment types, provider productivity and care center efficiency. Process template revisions as appropriate.
- Will require previous successful completion of the full breadth of the Strategy End User badge curriculum and achievement of a passing grade in the associated proctored exam prior to assuming the position. Demonstration of an ability to independently apply this knowledge. Provisions for new to Nemours associates will be made.
- Complete EPIC Revenue Cycle training. Acquire and maintain proficiency of knowledge in registration and scheduling.
- Schedule outpatient and telehealth appointments on an as needed basis.
- Collaborate with the Access Center in the communication of appointment changes/cancellations to patient families.
- Promptly and courteously handle telephone calls to/from internal and external customers including patients, referring physicians, insurance companies, etc. Triage urgent/non-urgent calls appropriately. Ensure service excellence in all encounters.
- Provide administrative support to divisional leaders and clinical providers, to include, but not limited to:
- Daily, detailed management of administrative and clinical schedule of activities.
- Coordination of meetings with internal and external participants
- Ensure alignment between Outlook and Epic schedules.
- Timely completion of hospital reappointment applications
- Maintain an accurate accounting of continuing medical education (CME) activity
- Update and maintain the curriculum vitae for assigned providers on an ongoing basis
- In collaboration with the Department's Faculty Liaison, compile and maintain required documents, including Jefferson formatted curriculum vitae (CV), to support faculty appointments/promotions.
- Proactively identify problems and opportunities related to divisional operations. Address or refer problems and ideas appropriately.
High School Diploma required. Associates or Bachelors degree preferred, but will consider equivalent years experience in a healthcare or surgical specialty setting.
1-3 years of job related experience required.