Location: Boise, Idaho
St. Luke's Health System in is seeking an Assistant Nurse Manager to join our Emergency Department team in Boise, Idaho.
Unit/Position SummaryBoise's Emergency Department is a 34 bed unit which includes 5 Chest Pain beds with a RN/Patient ratio of 1:4-6. Patient population includes Emergent/Urgent Adult and Pediatrics stroke, cardiac, and septic.The Registered Nurse is responsible for evaluating patients and assisting physicians with patient care. Plans, implements, and documents nursing care based on patient's needs.
This position is a 1.0 FTE, night shift.
- Accountable for achieving harm index, compliance to evidence-based protocols, patient safety, HCAPS, rounding, vacancy, turnover, productivity, overtime, expense, work place safety and staff engagement performance metrics.
- Makes staff assignments to align with staff competencies to ensure appropriate patient care and actively manages staff each shift. Works with Nursing Manager and Staffing Office to determine staffing needs.
- Provides guidance, mentoring, coaching and development of staff, and ensures execution of action plans to improve staff development and employee engagement. Works with staff to promote resolution of conflicts and counsels staff when clinical practice standards are not met.
- Assists in the hiring and onboarding process, as well as contributes to performance evaluations and staff management, as delegated by the Nursing Manager.
- Provides increased leadership visibility through actively engaging in real-time patient rounding, to support coaching and mentoring of the patient care team.
- Initiate and foster continuous improvement within department. Identify and resolve patient/customer satisfaction issues and complaints.
- Ensure compliance with regulations governing hospitals/area/service and practice/area/ service. Ensure that policy, procedures and standards are developed, implemented and maintained.
- Ensures communication of program priorities, policies, and procedures across team to ensure consistent patient experience and optimal outcomes.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: Bachelors of Science in Nursing
- Experience: 3 years nursing experience
- Licenses/Certifications: RN license required
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
Known as the "City of Trees," Boise is Idaho's capital city--both a cultural center and a playground for those who love the outdoors. A vibrant downtown area affords fine dining, theatre, music, and college and semi-professional sports. Downtown Boise's main attractions include the Idaho State Capitol, the classic Egyptian Theatre, the Boise Art Museum, Julia Davis Park and Zoo Boise. The Greenbelt follows the beautiful Boise River corridor for more than 30 miles, and the Boise foothills are home to miles of hiking and biking trails.
Learn more about what the City of Trees has to offer you:
St. Luke's Health System | Boise Convention and Visitors Bureau | Boise Parks and Recreation | Boise Museum Association | Boise Music Festival | Boise Philharmonic | Downtown Boise Restaurants | Boise Valley Economic Partnership | Hyde Park events | Treefort Music Festival | First Thursdays | Alive After Five | Capitol City Public Market | Runs and Triathlons | Shakespeare Festival | Sawtooth National Forest | Visit Idaho.org
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.