Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The Manager of Case Management is responsible for facilitating communication and directing the operations of all Case Management programs in a defined market. The Manager leads the market staff on all activities related to medical management initiatives including changes in process, staffing or care delivery model. Additionally, the manager ensures compliance with all state/federal regulations and NCQA/URAC standards. The Manager collaborates with the Regional Director of Case Management, medical directors, PCPs, clinic and corporate medical management leadership on care coordination activities.
- Supports case management operations across the continuum of care (assessing, planning, implementing, coordinating, monitoring, and evaluating)
- Oversees care management functions and ensure compliance with application of criteria from approved standardized guidelines, government mandated regulations and contractual agreements, to include NCAQ, URAC, and CMS
- Engages in Care Team forums/meetings to support care coordination activities between the market providers and the case management team
- Plans, organizes and oversees staff to ensure timely completion of um determinations, discharge planning and case management assessments
- Ensures team meets established performance metrics and medical cost reduction goals. Includes timely reporting of monthly KPIs
- Adapts departmental plans and priorities to address business and operational challenges
- Oversees the team’s daily staffing requirements to meet program standards
- Implements and interprets organizational policies and procedures, reviews work of staff to ensure that policies and guidelines are appropriately applied
- Tracks and trends outcomes for potential improvements in the care management process. Creates monitors, evaluates and disseminates program and productivity reports weekly, monthly, and as needed
- Interviews, hires, and retains staff to meet the needs of the department
- Evaluates staff performance and recommend merit increases, promotions, and disciplinary actions
- Attends, and assists with the facilitation of local market intra-disciplinary care team meetings
- Monitors and oversees the reporting of all quality issues to medical management leadership for referral and reporting to health plans as appropriate
- Monitors appropriate utilization of resources, overtime, supplies and mileage
- Perform comprehensive assessments and document findings in a concise/comprehensive manner that is compliant with documentation requirements and Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) regulations
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) (4+ years of experience beyond the years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree)
- Current unrestricted Texas RN License
- CCM certification or proof that certification has been obtained within one year of hire date
- 5+ years of healthcare experience to include experience in a managed care setting, hospital setting and/or physician practice setting
- 3+ years of demonstrated supervisory or management experience with responsibility for team performance management
- Solid experience with MS office including Word, Excel and Outlook with proficient ability to navigate in a Windows environment
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, managers, healthcare professionals, physicians and other members of senior administration and the general public
- Data mining, analytical and reporting skills. Must be able to review and interpret data to make recommendations to senior-management
- Demonstrates solid organizational skills and multitasking abilities
- In and /or out-of-town travel as deemed necessary by business need
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor's diagnosis of disease
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Master’s Science in Nursing
- Multi-site regional operations management responsibility
Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to use fine motor skills to operate office equipment and/or machinery
- Ability to receive and comprehend instructions verbally and/or in writing
- Ability to use logical reasoning for simple and complex problem solving
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.